>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Patrol » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't even like Glocks anymore like I did when they first came out because I own both a Springfield XD and a Smith M&P but I have to say this model Glock is one of the best shooting models that they make and I have owned several models. This 9mm is an awesome gem and this particular model gun was made for this specific caliber. Two things Glock got right. The G19 and the G20.
Patrol

Postby davester » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 am

BKBurns, In bear country, the Glock 10mm might be a good choice... 10mm is one of the most powerful rounds available. In fact, I think that unless you want to go for a .50 caliber, there aren't really any popular cartridges that are more powerful in a semi-auto. Of course there are many revolver rounds, notably the .44 magnum and others. I'm no expert in hunting bears or any game, but from what I've heard a 10mm is no slouch. The glock offering would, I think, be the lightest available gun in such a caliber.

As for a light-weight AR-15, there are several options. The carbon-15 is a ridiculously light gun, I've seen them used at gun shows before. You might also check out the Kel-tec Su 16C or CA. Nutnfancy on Youtube has a series of reviews on them.
davester

Postby davester » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 am

*ahem* in regards to the 10mm of course I meant it was one of the most powerful HANDGUN rounds lol.
davester

Postby BKBurns » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 am

I appreciate the help dave. Bear hunting is no joke. I was sitting in a blind. Almost alseep from sitting so long. I happen to look up and two cubs walk out of the tree line. Not even 3 seconds after they entered the clearing I was in...here comes momma bear. Two things crossed my mind "Wow, she is beautiful and I hope she doesn't smell me" turns out she did...came closer with her head up sniffing the wind. My heart was beating a million miles an hour...she gets about 50 yards away and stops...I put my gun up...waiting for her to turn...then she charges...I have a winchester 1300 pump shotgun I shot it 3 times...loaded another shell and it jamed...not good. I had an old 20 gauge pump lever action and thank god for it...because she was at the blind by this point. Droped her from a head wound. So yeah Bear hunting isn't a joke.

Like I said though I appreciate the input.
BKBurns

Postby Mrjump23 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Lookin to trade p2000...mus b equal value worth glock an assories
Mrjump23

Postby APCMatt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Love my G19!!!!! Wheres the best place for night sights as mine didnt come with?? THanks!!!
APCMatt

Postby APCMatt » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 pm

On a more informative note: I carry this pistol every day and it holds 15+1. fantastic firepower for such a light package. Affordable and Excellent. The only problem i had with mine was with complete junk ammo, where it failed to feed and eject. I oiled it up hoping it was just dry but to no avail. Then i was worried it was seriously malfunctioning so i tested some of my CorBon JHP self defense ammo through it before i left the range and like clockwork, she spit 10 rapid fire without a second thought. Love this little gun. 100%%% 10mm is a great bear gun, agreed. My buddy got one for hiking/camping, etc. It packs a bit more of a whallop especially if youre use to the little 9mm like me, so practice with it if you plan on carrying it in Bear Country ha.
APCMatt

Postby Bigyella68 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 pm

I have had my G19 for more than a year and have put at least 1000 rounds through it. No FTE, FTF, jams or hiccups at all. The 9mm has ample stopping power as proven by the 82% rating on one shot stops. Felt recoil is negligible (even more so since I mostly fire .40) but, Glocks stand head and shoulders above most weapons I have fired. I say this simply because every time I take aim and fire (it does) and keeps tight groups also. An awesome platform that is concealable, reliable and packs good punch for your dollar.
Bigyella68

Postby girphoto » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:00 am

Hello All,

Well, I just traded one of my Sig 239's in for a Glock 19 Gen4.

I have a smaller hand and the new Gen4 fits almost perfectly without any of the additional back-starps.

The reason for trading is that the trigger guard on my Sig239 was not sitting right with my high grip (I am mostly 1 1911 shooter and the SIG239 jut had to go).

Range time with the G19G4 at the range yesterday proved to be interesting.

First I used White Box Winchester 124 gr +P 9mm (NATO) ammo. Went through 150 rd's not one failure (NO FTF, FTE,STOVE-PIPE,ETC). Right out of the box, I used some of WIlson Oil on the rails and front of the barrel.

I than added a Pearce Grip Extension +2 to one of the new mag's, loaded it up with 17 rd's and it also fired perfectly.

We are now at 167 rd's so I tried some of my carry ammo Winchester 9mm +P PDX1124 gr. JHP and it also went through nice and clean with NO PROBLEMS (I stress this because I have tread on other boards that shooters have been having problems with the Gen 4 guns).

I will be back at the range today and plan to put at least another 150 rd's through the G19G4.

Report to follow.
girphoto

Postby yodacat » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Picked up a gen3 19 2 months ago and I'm very happy with it so far. I may like it better than the g22 I carry for work. I have tried/used several different compact/subcompact 9mm pistols over the years for off duty ccw and liked many but never loved one enough to keep as a regular carry piece. I still have my cougar 8000 but have sold or traded the rest. This is an excellent weapon and easier to carry than the cougar. If I don't find anything negative with it in the next several months I may stop the search for something else....or not.
yodacat

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols