>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby frequentshooter » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 pm

hey KY. Glocks4life is my friend, and Ive held both his 23 and 30. I must say both are descently comfortable. His 23 at 40 cal has a pretty big kick, making the thinner and longer grip nice, I have not shot his 30 yet, (weather too cold), but at 45 cal, I can only imagine the kick on that. It has a shorter and chubbier grip, I feel making it not so much a go shoot it all day type of gun. Very nice for carry though. I have never heard him complain about either. Dont forget about Springfield XD either. I currently have a 9mm and 45 cal Springfield. Love them both! Very similar weapons as the Glock, but in my opinion, more comfortable. Either way, you cant go wrong! My current carry is a Sig p229r in 40. Thinking about grabbing a revolver soon in 357 mag, no need for the 44 mag I dont think. Any suggestions on make/model? like the 7 shot S&W 6 inch...
frequentshooter

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:27 am

glock, what do you say would be a good comparison to the recoil of a 45? I have never shot a 45 although I have shot 44 mag and 357 mag down to 9mm to 38 spl +p and 38 spl. I was guessing that the recoil of a 45 would be near the 357 but what do you think? The reason I am asking so much is because I dont have a range around here and my local gun store only carries the g23 I will have to have the 30 ordered. So you are the only and best information I got on the 30 as far as experience between the 23 and 30. Oh and by the way thank you also frequentshooter for your advice on this tuff decision. I was wanting to tell you that I do have a xd 9mm which is what I carry right now. I just havent had the best of luck with it though which makes me nervous to buy a xd 45 acp. I would have liked to have the xd 45 because it has ambidextrous mag releases and I am a left handed shooter, and glock at this time doesnt have on the market a ambidextrous line (although they are comming out with the 21sf which is ambi). Also frequentshooter I have a ruger gp 100 357 mag it is a pretty nice revolver, although I am no expert on it because this is the only 357 mag revolver I have, and at one point I carried it for my ccw but I replaced it with the xd for comfort. My xd is a ported version, which i wonder if the ported version is alot of the reason why I have had problems with it, and I had to send it back to SA for repairs and it still fte sometimes. You may think well why do you carry it then if it is so bad? Well, it is for the much greater comfort and ease to conceal which I know isnt going to help me if i ever need it and I pull it out and fire and on the second round it malfunctions. However for me the revolver is just so big, bulky, and heavy you definately know it is there. So now the xd has to be replaced and I will probably go with the g30 for the replacement. I wish that I would have had a good experience with the xd because they seem to for the most part be great guns however when you pay that much for one and have problems it is hard to cough up the dough to spend on another. Once again thanks to both of you guys for all the information. Or to anyone esle who has any helpful information on the decision between g23 or g30.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:28 am

glock, what do you say would be a good comparison to the recoil of a 45? I have never shot a 45 although I have shot 44 mag and 357 mag down to 9mm to 38 spl +p and 38 spl. I was guessing that the recoil of a 45 would be near the 357 but what do you think? The reason I am asking so much is because I dont have a range around here and my local gun store only carries the g23 I will have to have the 30 ordered. So you are the only and best information I got on the 30 as far as experience between the 23 and 30. Oh and by the way thank you also frequentshooter for your advice on this tuff decision. I was wanting to tell you that I do have a xd 9mm which is what I carry right now. I just havent had the best of luck with it though which makes me nervous to buy a xd 45 acp. I would have liked to have the xd 45 because it has ambidextrous mag releases and I am a left handed shooter, and glock at this time doesnt have on the market a ambidextrous line (although they are comming out with the 21sf which is ambi). Also frequentshooter I have a ruger gp 100 357 mag it is a pretty nice revolver, although I am no expert on it because this is the only 357 mag revolver I have, and at one point I carried it for my ccw but I replaced it with the xd for comfort. My xd is a ported version, which i wonder if the ported version is alot of the reason why I have had problems with it, and I had to send it back to SA for repairs and it still fte sometimes. You may think well why do you carry it then if it is so bad? Well, it is for the much greater comfort and ease to conceal which I know isnt going to help me if i ever need it and I pull it out and fire and on the second round it malfunctions. However for me the revolver is just so big, bulky, and heavy you definately know it is there. So now the xd has to be replaced and I will probably go with the g30 for the replacement. I wish that I would have had a good experience with the xd because they seem to for the most part be great guns however when you pay that much for one and have problems it is hard to cough up the dough to spend on another. Once again thanks to both of you guys for all the information. Or to anyone esle who has any helpful information on the decision between g23 or g30.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:30 am

sorry about the double post, it said the first time that it did not go through.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:27 am

glock, just wondering if your still packing your 30 for ccw and how is it doing so far. Im about to go crazy trying to make the decision between the 23, 30, 36. Although im leaning on the 30 still.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm

glock went today looking for a G30 night sights but I couldnt find any dealer that would even talk about selling me one for less then $650 what do you think good deal or not.
Ky-Glockman

Postby g4l » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:22 pm

I paid $629 w/night sights for mine so its in the ballpark.
g4l

Postby troy96 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Ky-Glockman You need to go to Glocktalk.com. You can get a lot of info, places to buy, or buy a used G30 for a lot less than $650.
troy96

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Just got my G30 today, so far everything is great. I havent been able to shoot it yet so I will wait on the performance rating. Like I said though a very nice and comfortable gun for me. I am very very pleased so far. So I guess I will give it a five rating as far as comfort goes. Ill update when I get it out to shoot.
Ky-Glockman

Postby g4l » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 pm

I thought youd never make up your mind! Congrads Ky I look forward to your review.
g4l

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols