>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 30 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby JP30 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:07 pm

Ky, I am looking to carry it and for Home Defense. Right now I am looking to get my permit to carry so I am almost there. Thanks for the info AND VERY SATISFIED with my 30 it's picture #5 I took the first day I shot it. This is my first handgun that I own and itching already to get another. I've been looking for something my fiance can handle although I did read in one of the reviews that one fella's girl shot his 30 and fell in love with it. So I need to get her out and see if she can handle it, she is a little timid of the whole gun thing but she hasn't shot it yet. Thinking maybe a Glock 25 .380 might be a good start for her. What's your opinion on that? The reason more so that I bought a gun would be for Home Defense and when I get my permit all the better.
JP30

Postby JP30 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Forgot to rate it...
JP30

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:38 pm

JP30, the review you read about the girl liking the 30 was mine. My wife is a little tiny thing and she loved the 30 and actually wants one for herself. So I know that anyone can handle this gun if her being as tiny as she is can handle it comfortably. Also very important is that the glock 25 is not imported into the US and it is an illegal gun to own here. The thing is that I believe there is a point system the the US has that an imported gun must pass a certain point requirement to be allowed here and the g25 and there is another .380 cal. glock that is illegal as well. Ill check up on it and post back to let you know. As far as that goes try a 9mm for your fiance. Glock makes many different 9mm models the 17, 19, and 26. The 17 is full size, the 19 I believe is a compact, and the 26 is a subcompact. A 9mm is not much bigger then the .380 and has no recoil at all so im sure that your fiance would like that caliber.
Ky-Glockman

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Just checked and the g28 is the other .380 cal that is illegal. Oh and also consider the kel tech line they make from what I have experienced a very nice, reliable, and concealable .380, 9mm, and .32. Well I cant actually comment on all of them but i have shot the p-32 (.32) from kel tech and it was a very nice gun and i actually want one for my self. Hope all this helps a little.
Ky-Glockman

Postby g4l » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 pm

You took the words out of my mouth ky, I was just about to say the U.S dose not import the .380, in a book I've read "Living with Glocks" the author jokes "cause nobody would buy one here"; by the way I strongly recommend that book, I couldn't put it down, but to get back on subject the 9mm should be fine, my girlfriend fired my 40 cal 23 with no complaints, she hasn't shot my 30 yet but the recoil is very close on the two guns. JP30, if I may suggest not to overlook the 23, the stopping power is level with the .45 with good ammo, but then again if your second gun is more for her than you 9mm would be easier for her to handle.
g4l

Postby g4l » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 pm

JP30 now that I think about it more the .40 might be to rough on her hand if she spends a while at the range with you, I'd lean more towards the G19 9mm, she'll probably enjoy shooting more if her hands not hurting, the G23 can be tough on the webbing between the thumb and pointer finger.
g4l

Postby JP30 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Oh yeah, I remember reading something about that now that I think about it. I've just seen so many in magazines for sale it slipped my mind. 9mm would be good I'm thinking I'd like one with a slide so I can attach a light/laser to the end of it so she'd just have to worry about putting that dot on whatever she needs and pull. I've researched alittle on the Kel Tec and my brother has one what I've heard mostly is its not enjoyable to shoot and they jam. You heard much about that? I love the Glock models maybe a Smith & Wesson models that were modified after the glock for a little less $.

This is my first forum that I've got in and I just want to say it is awesome to be able to chat with people that have the same interest. Thanks man! I can't get over it.
JP30

Postby Ky-Glockman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:28 pm

JP30, just out of curiousity will your fiance be using the gun for ccw or just for a gun to have at the house for defense?My wife will soon be going for her ccw and i am currently trying to figure out a good gun for her to carry. I am also in the process of trying to help her find a decent and easily accessible carrying technique. It is not so hard for me because i always wear loose clothing however it is a different story for her. Anyways to get back to the point if your fiance will only use the gun for home defense and not carry you may want to concentrate more on capacity but if it will be a ccw then look a lot more for a good concealable and comfortable weapon. However, if you go with the glock for you fiance make sure you properly teach your fiance about how to handle a glock safely. Now I am no expert gun handler and even a expert handler can have a misshap, but a glock in the hands of someone not trained on how to handle it can be very dangerous. This is especially true if it is a carry weapon.
Ky-Glockman

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:22 am

hey JP30 I couldn't help but see you were looking for a good gun for your fiance well I would personally Recomend the glocks I love glocks I think there the best semi-auto handgun I have ever used, and if she wants something small I would think about ither the 26 or 27 for the smallest gun possible, she would be better off with a nice big 45 but sometimes that is just not possible, and the 26 is 9mm while the 27 is 40, both would be comfortable while holding and no all that hard to conceal when you get creative, another option you might want to conceader is the North american Arms 22's it's super small and single action so you would NEVER and I mean never have time to reload but it is the smallest handgun you can find and it beats not haveing any thing on you at all
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:25 am

Ky-Glock man I would reccomend a glock 30 but your wife might see how she feels about a 27 or 36
ANTI-XD

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols