>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther P99 QA Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gliffe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:18 pm

My P99AS seems to get better every time I take it to the range. I have put 2200 rounds through it since June and it consistently performs better each time I take it to the range. I feel extremely confident with the P99. It eats everything I put into it, it extremely accurate, feels great (melts into your hand)and FLAWLESS. I feel That the P99AS is a sleeper...this is a one very underrated pistol that is often overlooked.
gliffe

Postby wflinn » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:05 am

gliffe: couple of questions: 1) What is your opinion of it as a carry gun? 2) I don't recall - does that one have a decocker/safety? Reason I ask is because I like to carry with one in the pipe. That's what I like about my Bersa - great safety and decocker. But I want the Walther P99 in 9mm. I shot the .40 and liked it, but the 9mm ammo is cheaper - with ammo going up, I thought I would stick with 9mm.
wflinn

Postby iamajarheade8 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 am

Hi Im new to this site and I am turning 21 in 12 days I want to buy a pistol for my B-day. i want to get HK USP Compact 45 or 40 Vs Walther P99QA 40cal. What should I get? iam also looking to CC. I am also getting a glock 27 for my wife. I Use a M9A1 every day for work and I really dont care for it much. Thank You.

~Semper Fi~

-Kevin
iamajarheade8

Postby TwoHandRevy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:42 am

I have a question about the P99 platform. I plan on buying one for CCW here in the near future and was wonder which model would be better for carrying: the AS model or the QA model? I would be most appreciative with any advice on this matter.
TwoHandRevy

Postby coolwill07 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:04 am

i have the qa .40and attended initial ccw class that require to shoot 200 rnds. the instructor tried it and was impressed. i bought this w/o knowing what this gun is all about. i only know i dont have a .40 cal and it's a walther. if you want a .40 cal get this one if you can find one...
coolwill07

Postby MTVet » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 pm

I purchased the P-990 DAO about a year ago. There is no semi or quick action to it. I was afraid that the double action would affect my aim, but have had no problems with that. When I first purchased it, it did jam at least once every magazine, when I shot 115 grain through it. 124 and 147 grain had no problem. So I shot about 200 rounds of 124 grain through it to break it in. Now, it will shoot any grain, any manufacture ammo with no problem. I must have put about 1500 rounds through it so far, and I love this gun. I get less than an 1" at 15 yards with no problems with the double action. I would recommend this firearm to anyone who is looking for a small frame weapon in 9mm or 40cal.
MTVet

Postby coolwill07 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:43 am

.40 cal are even harder than .45 acp to get used to. it takes time and w/ this, the p99 qa it took a little more time to get used to ('bout 750-1000 rnds) but once you get the hang of it, you'll be happy with it. you will start to notice reliability and consistency of the gun.
coolwill07

Postby DontFailToFeedMe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm

I just bought a P99CQA used from a pawn shop. I think I got a good deal. This is the 40S&W version. It was manufactured in '08 and doesn't look like it has been fired much at all - probably less than a box of shells. I haven't fired it yet and I have a few questions. Can I chamber a round and then "decock" the gun? Remember this is the QA version.

What ammo would you recommend for target practice and then for self protection?

What lasers are you using?
DontFailToFeedMe

Postby outlaw54 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Don't Fail -

I have a Walther P99 in 40 S&W as well. Yes once you chamber a round you just press in the de-cock button and the firing pin and trigger fall foward in the non firing position. It is just like de-cocking any other hammered pistol. If you pull the trigger at this point, it will have more draw to it, but it will fire.

As far as ammo for target, I buy whatever is cheapest and the least corrosive. I keep Federal hollow points in the magazine I leave in it for home protection.

They make a great factory lazer that clips on the bottom, it has the same Walther logo and you don't need any special mounts or rails. It clips on the thin horizontal groove under the slide and it is compact and fits the contours of the gun. I have the same laser on my H&K.
outlaw54

Postby DontFailToFeedMe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm

I have probably fired close to 100 rounds thru this gun. I like it a lot. It is a handfull especially since I have the "C". It shoots tight groups.

Thanks for the info outlaw. I felt comfortable "decocking" after chambering a round. I have discovered that I have to move the slide slightly to recock the hammer. I can't just pull the trigger and recock it. Maybe it has something to do with it being a QA.
DontFailToFeedMe

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols