>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Walther PPK/S Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:11 pm

... the best ammo I've used thru

"Sting"(which I've carved on the left of the slide)

is Winchesters' 95gr SXT, Feds' 95gr Hydra-shok fmj and

Feds'(or ennyones' really) 95 gr fmj-hps. Or 105 gr fmj-hp, if y'ins kin find 'em. These three cartridges are the .380s' best @ bein' 'man-stoppers', to use the term.

With this calibre.these types of bullet have the expansion necessary to do some 'punching' as a personal defence round.

The SXTs' are the equivalent of the criminal-manipulated

lefts' hated, "Black Talon."...

... Well criminal flaming-anus: If you don't want to get yer guts torn-up and rile-up the surgeons' doctoral community against we the Armed-Citizen for manglin'-up yer livin' vitals; [b]FIND A TRADE, LEARN IT AND

GET A JOB!

...ahem... and I like to use the Remington ball fmj for poppin' @ targets 'n' plinkin'...
SittingMooseShaman

Postby JustBen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:44 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my firearm friends.

This was my first year interacting with all you fine folks on this forum and I want to thank each and every one of you. I have learned a lot and had some fun. I truly appreciate the friendship. This PPK thread was also one of the most intriguing.

GOD BLESS you and your families. Have a safe holiday and a prosperous new year.
JustBen

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:27 am

Same to you Ben, as long as we can keep the Shaman educating us in the ways of the Walther we'll be okay.

Happy New Year!!!
Doriadiver

Postby druryj » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm

My normaly reliable Interarms PPK/S has just developed an issue: every 4th or 5th round, the hammer fails to remain cocked and follows the slide forward, returning the pistol to DA mode rather than staying in SA for subsequent shots. The gun is clean and I am using Fiocchi 95 grain FMF which has always worked great in my PPK/S . The pistol is clean well lubed as usual. Any ideas?
druryj

Postby JustBen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 am

Is the slide and/or hammer worn such that it does not push the hammer fully back to lock in single action ?
JustBen

Postby druryj » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 am

I don't think it is that worn; I looked a the internals and don't see anything chipped or obviously worn...it won't do it at all if i just rack the slide manually with an UNLOADED pistol; it only fails to lock the hammer back every 4th or 5th round when I am shooting it.
druryj

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:38 am

... sear isn't locking. hmm. Fouling might cause this
SittingMooseShaman

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 am

... however there ...ha just found the problem...gotta look in my parts book
SittingMooseShaman

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 am

... the hammer release might be either fouled and is being held or forced down... the part is small- on the left side just behind the ejector/slide lock... it don't take much... or worn.
SittingMooseShaman

Postby druryj » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks Moose; I looked at the PPK/S exploded view on the the Numrich Website; (www.gunpartscorp.com) and see that the hamer release is part # 37. But it seems like there is no associated spring to go with it...I can't quite figure out how the hammer release actually does its job. Do you think I should go ahead and order the hammer block and spring too? They are parts # 41 and 42.
druryj

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols