>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kimber Eclipse Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby JoeNSA » Wed May 13, 2009 10:22 pm

This is "my wife's gun" since she selected it based on looks and, of course, me steering her towards the Kimber line. She has small hands and shoots this thing like it was welded to her palm...got a perfect score on the Texas CHL course qualification test consisting of 20 shots at 3 yds, 20 shots at 10 yds, and 10 shots at 15 yards.

We have 750 rounds thru it now and it continues to amaze us with its accuracy. Now, the first time at the range there were a few FTEs/FTFs over about 50 rounds. A good cleaning and lube after that first session has resulted in completely problem-free shooting. This was our first 45 and we think at least some of the initial problems were from limp-wristing. Nevertheless, this beautiful gun is our favorite among six different semi-autos here.

My only complaint is having to use the recoil rod spring for takedown, but its no problem now after several takedowns for cleaning.

Bottom line, if you want a quality gun that is both beautiful and delivers great accuracy and smooth operation I couldn't recommend anything else. Its pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for...and Kimber service in my experience is great (see my post about repairing a Kimber UC II).
JoeNSA

Postby coolwill07 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

i bought the eclipse ultra II .45 3" 1911. it comes in a huge plastic bag inside a huge case. when you carry it around in the range, it goes clink clank. floating all around the huge case inside the huge plastic bag. and it came in just one clip. 1! (one)!. dont know what kimber is thinking because other than all these bulls**t... the gun is awesome, just plain awesome. so, it's my ccw.
coolwill07

Postby coolwill07 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:53 am

about 1k rounds already on my ultra eclipse. it will probably take another 1k to master the gun, but talking about consistency and reliability, the gun is solidly built, no jams, ftf, or any other failures. if you want one that goes on and on and on... use it and abuse it.
coolwill07

Postby Rivers2k » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am

Does anyone have any expierence with the rowland 460 conversion? I was thinking about getting it but I am not sure if I should take the 300 and put towards a 686 .357 I believe they have similiar balistics. I also dont want to do any damage to my Kimber with a conversion
Rivers2k

Postby Doriadiver » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Picked up a new Kimber Eclipse Pro II. Two hundreds rounds downrange and it shoots.....well, like a Kimber. FANTASTIC! Oh yeah and it's purdy as hell also. Range officer stopped and eyeballed the three Kimbers sitting at my station and just shook his head with jealousy. Yeah, life is good!!!
Doriadiver

Previous

Return to Pistols