>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby shawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:05 pm

So, it is between this and the seecamp for my wifes carry pistol.

gunnutz, you own both and certainly know what your saying. Which would you suggest?

The kt is cheaper, easier to find, and has a longer barrel, so I am leaning towards it.
shawn

Postby GUNREVIEWER108 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 am

I had two major problems within the first fired 200 rounds. The problems prevented the weapon from being fired properly. I would not trust my life with this weapon!!! The customer service was solid on the bright side.
GUNREVIEWER108

Postby gunnutz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 pm

My philosophy is, if its mechanical it can fail. My 1000 buck Kimber is history because even after 1100 rounds and much fixing it never, worked right. On the other hand my $400.00 High Standard 1911 has 1500 rounds through it and has never even burped. Seecamp recomends that a person buy a box of 50 rounds of ( I use Fiocchi JHP ) what ever recomended ammo you choose. Shoot 30, if they work OK save the remainder for personal protection. I did the same with my Kel. I'm not defending any thing, it's what I do and it works for me.
gunnutz

Postby KBintheSLC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Had my P32 2nd gen for about 2 months now. I did a fluff and buff as mentioned on KTOG.org before I even shot it. I have placed about 300 rounds downrange with zero malfunctions of any kind. The gun shoots great for how tiny it is. I only use JHP's in the chamber and on top of the mag... the rest are FMJ's. If you want to use only JHP or flat-nose ball ammo, you need to get a rim-lock kit for your mags from Kel-Tec.

These are great guns for people who don't want the burden of a full sized auto. I still carry my Glock 26 most of the time, but the P32 is always with me.

It seems like several folks have has issues with theirs. My advice is this... first make sure you thoroughly clean the gun before you fire it. Second, many folks don't need a fluff and buff for theirs to work perfectly, however, if you do it carefully... it cant hurt. I did mine before risking a failure, and I have had none. If you don't feel good about doing it yourself, KT will do it for you. Third, be patient. The company will help you if you have problems.

These guns should be 100% reliable. If they are not, try different ammo... try the F&B. If all of that doesn't work, send it back to KT... they will fix it.

I highly recommend this gun. I will buy another for the wife this spring.
KBintheSLC

Postby shaman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:02 pm

The P-32 is small light and totally concealable. I've had no problems or jams of any kind. I usually use Fiocchi FMJ but recently put a box of Corbon hollows through it with no problems. A revolver is always going to be more reliable than an automatic but here in Florida ( I live a mile from the factory) you can't conceal a large, heavy .38 in shorts and a tanktop. It's not that acurate outside 20 ft. but that's not what it's designed for. Try it I think you'll like it.
shaman

Postby gunnutz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:12 pm

I picked up my second P32 today. The reason for a second pistol is my wife took over the first! She likes the light weight, small size and smooth trigger pull. In addition to those features I don't have to worry about rust. I carry mine in a pocket holster and here in south texas its warm 8 months of the year, tee shirt and shorts weather. The P32 is very easy to conceal. I also use Fioccchi but prefer JHP. When I first bought the gun I installed a steel guide rod from Kel Tec. I have ordered one for my new gun, 6 bucks..............no problems with my P32.
gunnutz

Postby GUNREVIEWER108 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:32 am

I must of had a lemon p32 then. I got rid of it and bought a GLOCK. Love the GLOCK!
GUNREVIEWER108

Postby gunnutz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 pm

I tested out my new p32 today. 50 rounds of winchester wal mart ammo. not a problem. Yesterday I installed a steel guide rod and used a 10 round magazine, both items from kel tec. I shot double taps, and fired 2 full mags. fast as I could pull the trigger. great little gun! I think ruger believes the same................
gunnutz

Postby kep4321 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Just a quick question. I am interested in the Kel-Tek Sub 2000 carbine. Does anybody here have one, or can canbody direct me to a forum so I can see what people who have actually used one or own one say?

Thanks.....
kep4321

Postby blackcampbell » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:43 am

I've got about 500 rounds through my Kel-Tec, including a mag of the Galsier safety slugs. No malfunctions. No problems of any kind. Accuracy is surprisingly good.

For an "oh, $#it" gun, it's a great choice. Small enough to fit in my motorcycle jacket pocket.
blackcampbell

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols