>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby amunson52 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:29 pm

I just purchased and shot my p 32 today. 3rd round jammed in mag, but I'm assuming it was the round, not the gun. Switched to winchester white box and had no more problems. Does anyone out there use Corbin hps? Just a freak thing I hope.

The Desanits Nemisis holds this gun perfectly in place, it looks like a wallet. Great back-up/warm weather gun.
amunson52

Postby gunnutz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:37 pm

I use fiocchi jhp, they were recomended for my seecamp cal. 32 by seecamp. Have never had a problem. I also installed a metal spring guide rod from kel-tec. My p 32 works great.
gunnutz

Postby PaPaquan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:29 am

I've now flung over 500 casings with the P-32. Not a glitch in single or rapid fire. I had to use a small rat-tail file to smooth some of the rough edges from the molding process. The trigger had a sharp ridge down the front center and the trigger guard was sharp enough to rub finger raw my first time out... like I said, a little filing and light sandpaper has transformed this gun from a cactus, to a comfortable, accurate, reliable CCW. I paid $250 (new) at a show, and considering that you usually get what you pay for, I wasn't too put out at doing a bit of finishing work.
PaPaquan

Postby 5shot » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:12 pm

5shot

Postby gunnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:41 pm

WOW....................
gunnutz

Postby 5shot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:52 am

PaPaquan, You make a great point with the ford. I did get very frustrated with my little Kel-Tec. If it had worked for me I'm sure I would still have it. I would love to have a very small pocket gun to carry on hot days. Sorry to come off like a know it all.......I'm not! Your also right about a 22. One to the head and the bad guy goes down. For one I don't want to get shot with anything. As far as the Kel-Tec maybe there better now. Like I said It was one of the first they made. For now my 38 is the one for me. Thanks and God Bless America!
5shot

Postby gunnutz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:19 pm

I have been following this interesting discussion; I carry a Kel-Tec P32. For several reasons; It is light weight, doesn't have a tendency to rust, is easy to conceal, carries sufficient number of rounds for a good defence, has potential "knock down power" , is accurate for "point and shoot" defense, is double action, and has been dependable for me. I currently own over 30 hand guns revolvers, and semi auto, calibers; .22 LR to .44Mag. I shoot 2x weekly, strictly defense, 400-600 rounds per week. Last year I fired over 14,000 rounds of ammunition. I keep a recorod of how I shoot and how the gun preforms. Amunition has been a mixture, Russian, Polish, Italian, Serbian, Romaian, and American. With my .22LR autos, CCI Mini Mags only, the others, anything. I have sold two handguns because of consistant failures, with factory repairs made and failures continuing any way; one was a Charter Mag Pug .357 revolver, the other was a Kimber 1911, cal.45. I had bought both guns new. Charter replaced my first gun after 3 factory repairs, after 4 factory repairs on the 2nd Pug I sold it. Kimber told me, "our handguns require a SUGNIFICANT break in period" I had fired over 1000 rounds of premium ammo with this gun before I traded it on a S&W 617 .22 revolver. I fire and practice with all of my guns. Besides the above mentioned guns I have sent two others in for factory repairs; a Bersa thunder .380 after 1200 rounds fired, and a Taurus PT 22 after 1100 rounds fired. I currently have two other guns in for repair a Rock Island .45 3" barrel (750 rounds fired with maney faliures) and a CZ52 7.62 purchased used, 300 rounds fired. My Kel-Tec has had no failure to feed or fire with 400 rounds fired to date. It prefer Fiocchi JHP with this gun and my cal. 32 Seecamp. I keep these records for two reasons, 1. I want to know how he gun and I do together, the other because I was told by a Federal Procecutor that if I shot some one on duty or off, the Judge would want to know what my skill level was, and how well I knew my fire arm. I believed him. All of this shows me several things most importat to me is how often a failure occurs and with which of my guns has let me down. When the two pistols come back I know the Rock is history if it fails again (It blew the recoil spring and rod out the front of the pistol) I will keep the CZ and not carry it because it's a unique, curio and relic firearm.
gunnutz

Postby 5shot » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 pm

WOW...You are GUNNUTZ!! LOL...I wish I coulds shoot that much! The $$$ and the wife would kill me. So you have had good luck with the Kel-Tec? Maybe I just got a bad one? I would be so pissed if I got another and it didn't work. I was looking at one of the NAA mini 22 mags. What do you think of them? I think it would be easy to carry on a hot summer day and a 22 Mag is nasty!

God Bless America!
5shot

Postby gunnutz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:21 pm

I have one of those also, 5. Better than a spit ball! If there is a problem with your Kel, I would send it back, most manufacturers will work with you.
gunnutz

Postby 5shot » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:28 am

Traded mine for a used SS Taurus 38 that I put in the truck. What can I say......I just trust a revolver! Iam going to pick up a NAA 22 mini in the next week or so. Should be fun to have around. I'll post on the NAA section. God Bless America!
5shot

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols