>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby AZCCW » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:04 pm

I had issues with the fitment of the metal rod, for P32.

The first rod, was for the P11, I sent it back.

The next one was for the P32, would not fit through slide hole, I sent it back. The next one was for the P3AT, it fit, but was too long and looked strange sticking out so far, I sent it back.

Finally, the 4th rod dropped right in, and fit.
AZCCW

Postby tgazzx » Mon May 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Newbie here...sorry if this is an "old" question. I just bought a new P-32, brought it home and cleaned it. It didn't have part #194, Recoil Spring Catch, as described in the manual and on the Kel-Tec websight. I reassembled the pistol and fired off 35 rounds without a glitch. Love this little pistol!! Great point and shoot accuracy, no fail to feed problems or jams of any sort. Used the standard issue 7 round mag and a 10 round mag the seller through in. No problems with either. Recoil was very tolerable.

Question is: Am I missing a part? My recoil spring guide rod fits into a hole in the end of the slide just below the barrel opening. I don't see where part #194 would be necessary, but wanted to ask before calling Kel-Tec.

Thanks for any advice!
tgazzx

Postby gunnutz » Tue May 08, 2007 1:45 am

Don't think so tgazzx, I bought an after market steel spring guide from Kel-Tec, and the springs for around 5 or six bucks. Wasn't having problems,, but didn't like the plastic guide. I had to polish the rod and ream out the receiver hole, but I feel it was worth the effort. I talked with the dealer I bought it from, he said he can't keep them in stock. Happy shooootin...........
gunnutz

Postby pap1105 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:23 am

i have owned ap32 for 9mo. now 200 rounds and no problems at all. i got a good one i guess.
pap1105

Postby tgazzx » Sun May 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks, gunnutz! I don't think this model was made with the part #194.

I am very interested in the steel guide rod you mentioned. I, too, would feel much better with something other than plastic...even though I'm having NO problems with the plastic guide rod.

You also mentioned a new spring(s) with the steel guide rod. Mine has two springs. Did the steel guide rod come with two or one spring?

I'm loving this gun and the help from this forum!
tgazzx

Postby tgazzx » Sun May 13, 2007 8:00 pm

From what I've read, Pap 1105, and the little while I've owned one, I don't think Kel-Tec makes a "bad" P-32. I almost bought a Beretta Tomcat, but I read too many bad reviews on them. I still might get one...just to compare it with the P-32, but right now I'm very satisfied with the Kel-Tec.

I guess it's all a trade-off...pop-up barrel, locked breech, small size, single/double action, etc. I mainly want it to go "bang" when I pull the trigger. So far the Kel-Tec fits the bill, but I haven't tried the Tomcat yet.
tgazzx

Postby gunnutz » Sun May 13, 2007 9:11 pm

The steel guide rod and both springs cost me around 5 or 6 bucks from Kel-Tec, tgazzx, I wasn't having problems either, mine cotinues to shoot great. Just trying to "de murphy" things. Ran into a guy who shoots cowboy compition, and fires off a box of shells evryweek for kicks after the serious compitition. Say's he has never had a problem.
gunnutz

Postby AZCCW » Thu May 17, 2007 9:01 am

I received my 10 round factory magazine today.

Check out pics 3 and 4, pretty cool.
AZCCW

Postby tgazzx » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:49 pm

I love my 10 round mag, although I did have one fail to eject...only once...on the last round.
tgazzx

Postby case » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:19 pm

I love my p-32. I have bought way to many guns for concealed carry that just were to big. I would end up leaving them at home most of the time. I have also had a few that were small enough but uncomfortable and unable to be instinct shot. For me the p-32 is easy to instinct shoot. It is also easy to clean. If you are a seasoned shooter you will be shocked by the accuracy this cheep (priced, looking) gun is capable of. In my opinion this gun is more accurate than most shooters. I cannot comment on its durability yet as I have only shot 100rnds through it but it preformed flawless. I like the naa finger rest. Hate the +1 mag extension.
case

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols