>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 82/83 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby maddogrecurve » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:12 am

I bought my CZ 83 in 9mm Makarov two weeks ago, finally shot it two days ago and all i can say is.......WOW.. Great gun, accurate and no jams. I love the way she feels in the hand and handles at the range! Im glad i went with CZ....

Jeff
maddogrecurve

Postby wncooper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm

I bought the CZ 83 from a gun show in Hampton VA on 03/29/08. Shot 100 rounds of cheap ammo from the gunshow through it with no problems at all. No recoil notice, (well I did shoot my M40-A1 first). Will take it out in a couple of days to shot some more. I love this weapon.
wncooper

Postby yodacat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:19 pm

I have owned and recently sold a cz 83 .380. It was a tack driver, may be the most accurate .380 outside a sig 232. It had a nice trigger and little recoil. Fine pistol, easy to maintain and very well made. I orignally got it for my wife who decided she was more comfortable carrying a snubbbie. I am not a fan of .380's but this would make someone a nice choice for ccw.
yodacat

Postby savedbymonkeys » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:00 pm

I bought this pistol Friday and had a chance to take it to the range Saturday. If you guys are this right all the time you should pick football games and stocks.

Solid, accurate, smooth - these words are just the beginning. I put 150 rounds through the CZ 83 and had zero hiccups.

By way of clarification, I'm a real newbie to shooting. Hunted when I was a kid but didn't shoot pistols at all until recently. My local range has some great people there and they are quite helpful. I recently bought an S&W Chiefs Special based upon reviews here. It's great but I'm not. :) I think spending time on the range with this .380 will help me a lot.

This website is very helpful to someone like me and I look forward to pestering ya'll with questions as time goes by.

Thanks again for the great advice I have gotten here.
savedbymonkeys

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 am

YO Monkey!! Welcome to the Farm, er, a I meant Forum, lol! We do have a lot of fun and have our fair share of knowledgeable gun owners. We're having intermittent problems with the notification process so check back often if you're not hearing back after posting something. Many of us like to wander through the site, so you'll see us just about everywhere!! We truly enjoy helping out our fellow shooters whenever possible. Even though you've got limited experience at this point, you'll be surprised by how much help you can provide people. I encourage you to get involved whenever you can! We're just a big group of shooting buddies that always have an extra chair for you at the table.

I don't know much about your new CZ but I'm familiar with others from that manufacturer. All reviews have been very positive. If you're having excellent performance from this pistol now, just imagine how nice it'll be once you have it broken in!!

You made a great selection in the Chiefs Special. Snubbies just don't get much better than those! Just an excellent pistol and will give you decades of service. They make an excellent self defense pistol. If you want to get involved in a conversation with other owners, get over to that thread here on the directory. We'll all look forward to hearing from you. Don't forget to roam the forum and get involved in ongoing conversations. We all enjoy sharing stories, so feel free to get involved!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby woodstoveguy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:35 am

I put my Glock 19 into the safe, and have been carrying my CZ83 CCW for the last 10mo -- it's light, accurate, and it doesn't feel like a brick in my hand. The Glock is a fine piece, but for a c/carry weapon, the CZ83 9mm Mak is an upgrade, IMO. I put 100-150 rounds per month through it at the range, and it continues to amaze me at its quality. When I'm at the range, I've occasionally let the next guy over run through a magazine. They always want to know how to get one. I bought another one for when the first starts to show heavy wear, and am thinking about buying another, just to have it in the safe. Gosh. do I sound like I like this piece? My '1911' buddies scoff, but only the ones who haven't shot it.... go figure....
woodstoveguy

Postby savedbymonkeys » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:28 am

Ok, now I'm getting worried - I've been thinking of getting a second CZ83 as a "spare" for the house if I carry the first one. I'm getting the feeling that guns can become like potato chips - you can't have just one. Or 10.

I think for me it's the right size and weight, and the fact I shoot it better than my 1911 or the S&W 45. At this point I have two of my friends looking at it and wanting to shoot it, and they don't shoot at all. Go figure.
savedbymonkeys

Postby Watsoncb » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:05 am

I own a Chec military CZ-82 and love it. Consider getting one in the 9x18-Makarov caliber. The Makarov round is between a .380 & .9mm. The round is "hotter" than the .380 providing a bit more vel to allow for better bullet expansion. The CZ 82 is the same firearms as a new CZ-83 but cheaper and available in different calibers. (www. jgsales.com).
Watsoncb

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:58 pm

The Makarov is a 9mm X 18, the .380 is a 9mm X 17 and the 9mm parabellum is a 9mm x 19. You can pick up a Makarov pistol at most gun shows for under $200 bucks. They are said to be very reliable pistols and fit into the compact CCW market easily.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby savedbymonkeys » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Another 50 rounds through my new CZ83. Tomorrow another 100. But today - no problems at all, just smooth and sharp. It shoots right where I point it. Yeah I know, sounds stupid, but this pistol is awesome. Take my time and do the right things and I eat up the center 5 inches of a target. For my purposes of home defense that's golden. I can't do that with my 1911, and it's me and not the pistol. This is the pistol on my nightstand - it doesn't pack the punch of a 45ACP but 10 rounds in a 5 inch circle at 20 feet are more than enough.
savedbymonkeys

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols