>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 85 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

CZ 85 Reviews

Postby dontmatr » Thu May 11, 2006 4:20 am

I purchased a used, Pre-B Model 85 (with rounded trigger guard, spur hammer, and marked MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA) in April 06 as another addition to my growing CZ collection. I have found this handgun to be, like all CZ 75 series handguns Ive experienced, to be well-balanced, easy to maintain, well-built, ergonomically sound, very reliable, attractive and exceptionally accurate. The trigger on my particular CZ 85 is outstanding; The DA pull, though somewhat difficult to reach, is buttery smooth, and SA trigger is light, crisp and amazingly short. In terms of aesthetics, I must admit I find the older pre-B 75s and 85s to be more attractive-looking than the current models (which are fine weapons).
dontmatr

Postby sliperywhenwet » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:40 pm

Awesome value for money!!! ergonomically very very good and strongly engineered simply and nice !!
sliperywhenwet

Postby Hesh » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:36 pm

Im totally looking at getting one of these after Christmas, mostly bec I am a left handed shooter and I like the idea of the Kadet 22.cal adapter kit. Any opinions on the adapter kit?
Hesh

Postby Hesh » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:41 pm

Also, Im going to Prague over the Holidays and going to stop by the CZ shop there. I wonder if there is anything I can buy there that I cant get in Canada? The only thing customs said I could not bring back was the action and a barrel shorter than what is allowed in Canada.

Any suggestions what I should look for?
Hesh

Postby BAKL » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:27 am

This is a reply to my earlier question titled left hand friendly handguns... Well, after months of research (actually being too obsessed with the research), I decided on a specific color of the CZ 85 Combat. It was extremely difficult to find and actually had to have my local dealer go through CZ directly. I will say that my research definitely paid off. I can not ask for a more perfect match for what I was looking for. Great style, reliable, strong, and extremely unbelievably accurate (right out of the box!!!). I upgraded the grips and for a lefty, it feels amazing. As I said, I strongly recommend the 85 Combat and if you have any specific questions about it or the ordeal I went through to get it, let me know. Total was about $700 with upgraded grips, and $25 extra special order (because current supplier didnt have my specific color in stock).
BAKL

Postby Hesh » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:01 am

^

Can ya Post a pic?
Hesh

Postby jonas_357 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:19 pm

I bought my CZ 85 B eight months ago and I love it!!! Accurate, reliable, and first of all beautiful! I changed the original plastic grips (very comfortable) for some beautiful wood grips. The recoil is very smooth with such grips, its very nice! I posted a pic!!!
jonas_357

Postby TNT.45 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:43 pm

I shot my Buddies CZ 9mm yesterday and was very pleased with the accuracy and feel of the weapon. It was better than I expected he had been talking it up and it lived up to his hype. I might even get one.
TNT.45

Postby Konigstigerii » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 pm

I bought the 85B used, even though I'm right handed, the ambi controls are useful, especially since the slide release can be a reach to get to, but not bad it just depends on your hand size. But the CZ is extremely accurate and easy to shoot, When I first got it I had some ejection issues but after a few hundred rounds it has dissaperead completely, and I have shoot thousands of rounds thru it since with no problems. The plastic grips are ok, but mine became damaged, so I now have after market ones it, which are common. The finish is also really tough too.
Konigstigerii

Postby IndianaAndy » Tue May 08, 2007 4:39 pm

I am new to the handgun business. I went shooting with a friend of mine recently and had a blast. So, I have decided to buy one (and I am going into Law Enforcement after college). After the incredible amount of research I have been doing, I think I have decided upon the CZ85, mainly because I am a lefty. And while I like the HK P2000, it's a tad expensive.

Have any of you had problems with jamming, etc. on the CZ 85? And do you think it's worth the stretch for the HK?
IndianaAndy

Next

Return to Pistols