>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby lrgcal4fun » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

deusimperator,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Since CZ (or whoever they subcontract with for service) is not taking care of you... I'm going to offer a few do-it-yourself trouble shooting tips. If you already know this stuff please for give me. I don't know you so I don't know if this will all be "been there done that" stuff. Before anything els, let me ask, is the problem the same with every kind of ammo you've tried or is it worse with some and better with others? Moving on....

1, The condition of the chamber can effect the speed of the slide's reward moment, the extraction and ejection of the empty. Use some kind of bright light and inspect the chamber carefully. Be sure there is noting in there that might have been missed during normal cleaning. I know CZ should have done this for you but check anyway. Lube the bore and chamber with something supper slick like Rem. Oil. It really can make a difference in some individual guns. Also, don't lube it heavily like the way it came from the factory. That heavy a coat is only meant to protect it from rust during shipment. Heave oil residue will cause all kinds of weird problems during shooting, even blown cases.

2, What kind of FTE are you having? Is it failing to extract the case from the chamber or to eject it clear of the slide? If the cases are sticking in the chamber you either have real chamber problems, a defective extractor (or extractor spring) or week ammo. If its failing to throw the cases clear it could be that the ejector is defective or the ammo you are using is to light a load (week). Because I don't know the ammo you are using I can't make a suggestion here. It may also be that the extractor is not holding the case tight enough for the ejector to give it a good whack.

If any of this stuff fits what you see your gun doing, inspect the related parts carefully and note anything that seem like it may not be right. These internal parts of the CZ 75B are so close to the Browning Hi Power that any competent gunsmith should be able to deal with the fix. Show them what you are looking at and describe the problem.

I hope this helps.
lrgcal4fun

Postby DeusImperator » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:56 am

DeusImperator

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 am

Hi Deusimperator,

Thank you for the information, it clears up a ton of variables.

When you look into the bore is the polish job on the chamber obvious? Bright and mirror like? If not they may have done a poor job for you.

Next question, when you get the spent case out of the chamber, can you see any obvious marks on it from the extractor claw? If the chamber is polished bright and there are no extractor marks on the case's groove, the probability falls back on the extractor or its spring as being flawed.

Again, I am assuming that you have tried several different brands of ammo and different built weights as well. With the same crummy results.

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. I just hate to see some one get stuck with a lousy gun from a company that normally produces great stuff.
lrgcal4fun

Postby SmithkoWitz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:22 am

CZ75B w/Omega trigger - all this gun needs is NS and it is one heck of a weapon! For the money, I don't think there is a finer gun available. If it cost $200 more if would still be a bargain compared to a lot of the guns out there. It is an extremely accurate, easy to maintain and with standard grips, very comfortable and balanced weapon. I love my SMITHS' but this is great craftsmanship. No wonder it is used by police departments all over Europe. Very smooth functioning and fits an average hand much like the Sig Sauer P232 I have. This wins hands down, and at 30% less in price. I've run through about 7 brands of ammo, both FMJ and JHP, nothing has any issues, not one.
SmithkoWitz

Postby darrek » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:19 am

what are the differences between cz75b 9 mm and the same model in 40 sw

how different are those models exact.. thx
darrek

Postby tkdguy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 am

darrek: The difference is caliber with the 40 having somewhat more punch. But I load my cz 75 or the 85 with hot 9mm and they are powerful to no end. These guns are PERFECT and work every time. tkdguy
tkdguy

Postby bigbob47 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:17 pm

About six months ago I shot a friends cz 75B at the range. I fell in love with it and ran out and bought one. I couldn't believe the price of this gun compared to most others. I've put a lot of ammo of many different brands through it without any problems what so ever. It's now my favorate 9mm without a doubt and I have many of them.
bigbob47

Postby nate83 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

I havnt heard too much about these guns. No ranges or dealers sell CZ around where I live. Im looking to get a 9mm and was thinking of getting a Sig P226. I, however, would rather not spend $900 on a pistol at the moment. I want a DA/SA with an alloy frame, and what do you know? CZ 75 fits the bill. Me nor my shooting buddies have never even held one, so I'm reluctant to just go buy one. Any info, review links, experiences are welcome. Anyone own one of these and a Sig?
nate83

Postby tkdguy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 pm

Nate83: I have two CZ's both circa 1994. One 75 and the other a 85 Combat. I seriously compared a CZ 75 against a Sig 220 in 45 at the time. Just looking at the quality of the Sig. The CZ was equal to or more accurate than the Sig. The CZ quality is outstanding for the steel guns that I have worked with. I do not know about the alloy framed but they should be just as good as the steel. In my view you will never go wrong with any of the CZ's. This is one great company.

Sig on the other hand has just as great firearms with increased labor costs. The FEDs like the Sig for good reason because their workman ship is great. CZ put out a CZ NATO some years ago and it beat the pants off of the competition including Sig and Beratta.

You will be very happy with either a CZ or Sig. Both are excellent and you can bet you life on either one. TKDGUY
tkdguy

Postby nate83 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks for the input. Upon further research and reviews, I've decided to go with the CZ 75 sp-01. Puttin in the order tomorrow. Very, very stoked. I cant wait to be the only guy who shows up at the range with a CZ. Exceptionally priced for what you get. Ive heard a lot of CIA members carry CZ, as well as Blackwater. Thought that was kinda cool. Thanks again and look forward my future CZ ownership!
nate83

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols