>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ 75 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

CZ 75 Reviews

Postby buckeye49 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:33 pm

The CZ75B 9mm in SA is one of the most accurate 9mm pistols ever made; also totally reliable and very easy to take down and clean.
buckeye49

Postby dontmatr » Thu May 11, 2006 3:26 am

Ive owned 2 full-sized CZ 75s (had and sold a 75B to make quick bucks for buying my next car, which I regretted selling later, and bought a SP-01 to make up for it a year later).

Ive found the CZ 75 series to be outstanding pistols; Mine have been extremely reliable, well-made, exceptionally accurate weapons with great ergonomics. Field stripping with these weapons are breeze. And the polycoat finish has proven to be quite durable. My CZ 75B was a fine all-around handgun, and the only slight complaint I could really make of it was the somewhat long trigger reach while in double-action mode. My CZ 75 SP-01 takes a great gun and makes it even better. Its quite a bit heavier (1180g vs. 1000), which makes the already light-recoiling 9mm even more manageable and fun to shoot. The trigger uses the same design as the CZ P-01/PCR/RAMI pistols, and is easier to use, especially when in DA mode. The plastic grips on the 75B are replaced with nicely contoured rubber grips. The SP-01 also comes out of the box with Tru-Dot tritium night sights. And last, but certainly not least are the enlarged 18-round magazines.

Overall, I find the CZ 75 series to be an excellent all-around handgun, one of the best in the world for its price, or at any price.
dontmatr

Postby FISHNSHOOT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:34 pm

I FIRST USED A CZ 75 AS A BACK UP .I Then moved the cz 75 up to my main weapon .I have used C Z 75 Since the 70s .I have Berreta .S&W .SPRINGFEILD .I Have owned and used a Number of sigs .I love the cz 75 Out of the box USE IS A 1 .People are used to just seeing the big names and the Little guys are given a Negative reaction Before given the change .The british PPolice use C Z 75 And so do some of the special forces units .If you want a Job done and done well like the protection of your Family .A sunday Morning fun shoot .You can not do Batter .These guys operate on a small production scale .So do not haver the massive over head charges .How ever I would look after you cz and if your thinking I would buy your next model these guns are moving up in price and moving up fast
FISHNSHOOT

Postby armoredman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:11 pm

I have had 5 CZs, and every one was reliable,a ccurate, durable, and dependable, specifically the CZ75 Compact, the CZ PCR, the wifes CZ2075 RAMI, and my daily carry, the CZ75 PO1, an outstanding firearm, NATO certified. I have never had a single issue with any CZ, and the only jams I got were due to my overly long reloads. I have had such good luck with these pistols, that we do not have any handguns that are not CZ.
armoredman

Postby tony51 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 pm

CZ sights and triggers ...

I have two CZs (CZ75 40 Compacts in 9mm and 40 S&W). They are outstanding values and excellent in all ways but two. (A third CZ, the 40P, I sold after deciding I cannot abide a hammer-drop safety approach. Otherwise it was a pretty good pistol, though subject to the two flaws I will next describe.)

The 3 dot sights on my CZs are very difficult to use in some lighting environments, one being the indoor range where I most often shoot. The dots are more gray than white, and visually fade until they are almost invisible. I will try filling their recesses with a highly reflective paint, maybe white, applied with the tip of a round toothpick.

Second, the stage two of the trigger pull is too long in my opinion, resulting in a hammer release that isnt as smooth and abrupt as Id like. Having said that, I should add that my ideal is the trigger of my tuned 1911, which is uncommonly light and short and crisp. I have noticed that the trigger qualities vary a lot among CZ models, some being fairly good (as is my 9mm Compact) and some simply awful (as with the few RAMIs Ive tried.)

Those two negatives may not apply to all samples of the pistols, of course.

I highly recommend CZs and very likely will buy more in the future.
tony51

Postby FISHNSHOOT » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I picked up my cz sp-o1 O MY GOD WHAT A PISTOL .I KNOW IT IS A VARIANT OF THE 75 B COMPACT .BUT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX WITH WINCHESTER MM 115 GRAIN 1.5 INCH FIVE GROUP .I ADMIT TO IT SHOOTING HIGHT AND RIGHT AT 25 YARDS AND I AM GOING TO HAVE NIGHT SIGHTS FITTED .AND TAKE MY TARGET IN TO THE GUN SMITH TO ADJUST SIGHTS ACORDINGLY .I Aim low and right and bingo right into the 9 and ten ring .I am not complaining and to be able to reload and make ammo to adjust for the weapon is is going way beyond what I would or could expect .My onlky gripe is come cz we can have high cap mags here so i need to but two extra high mags so what .I know i have saved a fortune and got me a full steel pistol to boot .GOOD WORK CZ YOUR AWSOME
FISHNSHOOT

Postby edurk388 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:41 pm

I recently purchased my very first pistol...the CZ 75 Compact (9 mm) and I love it! Ive taken it to the range and it is easy to shoot and very accurate. I almost wish I wouldve purchased the PCR model because it doesnt weigh quite as much and doesnt have the external safety. CZs are the best!
edurk388

Postby wolf1969 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:41 am

i recently purchased the cz-75b in high polish blue steel i love the looks of this gun it looks like a jewel it feels like a browning high power im am awaiting a nice day for a trip to the range here in northeast pa so i can shoot it
wolf1969

Postby Jay1958 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:32 am

I own the CZ-75BD and it is an incredible firearm! If there is a better firearm for the money, I am not aware of it. The CZ-75 is very accurate, the most accurate handgun I have ever fired. Recoil is very manageable, as with most standard size 9mm. It has never had any cycling problems, has been 100% reliable thru about 600 rounds so far. This is my favorite handgun of the six that I own.
Jay1958

Postby BOILER909 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:45 pm

Bought a new CZ75 today. What a great gun. 200 riounds out of the box with no shot outside 3 inch ring at 35 feet.
BOILER909

Next

Return to Pistols