>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ P-01 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby blkhand » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:07 pm

Great Combat Pistol! This is the second one that I have owned. First was the Nato (NSN) in Blue, second is the OD Green NSN. Being an Ex Navy SWCC, I know a thing or two about guns. This is a full Combat pistol meant for war. This will really go to hell & back, and back again. I fired thousands of rounds threw both, and not ONE problem. If you know how to shoot, with this gun, you could be on the money every time. For the price too?!?!? Can't beat it. Sigs, H&K, etc are surly good, don't get me wrong, but for the price, this CZ P-01 is right up there. Buy it! You wouldn't regret it!
blkhand

Postby Ranger96 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:19 pm

blkhand: Did you pay somewhere around $360 for the OD or the NSN versions of this gun? I was originally intent on picking up a full size 75 in .40, but I'd readily switch to 9mm if I can get this one for under $400. The quality of CZ is still there, it looks better (to me), and it sounds like its small enough for a good CCW choice.
Ranger96

Postby tblt4 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:27 am

My friend just bought a p01 and it feels good in my hand.I have been looking at xd and glock but I like the sa/da trigger.I also looked at fn pistols.I think th p01 beats them all.anyone have problems with there's yet.I herd do not shoot cci aluminum case ammo or they will jam or any other aluminum case ammo.All tests show this gun shoots a better group at 25 yardsthan most.
tblt4

Postby tblt4 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:28 am

My friend just bought a p01 and it feels good in my hand.I have been looking at xd and glock but I like the sa/da trigger.I also looked at fn pistols.I think th p01 beats them all.anyone have problems with there's yet.I herd do not shoot cci aluminum case ammo or they will jam or any other aluminum case ammo.All tests show this gun shoots a better group at 25 yardsthan most.
tblt4

Postby tblt4 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am

Should I buy a glock 19, a xd compact a cz P-01 or a fn pistol all in 9 m.m.??? I think the cz will shoot the best groups from the reviews I have read,but parts are more expensive.Glock magizine is half the price of a cz.The cz is the only aluminum frame.The fn is a little more expensive.The cz has a 5 year warrenty.Glock and xd lifetime and I don't know about fd.I have a 38 snobnose for carry so the size and weight is not really a factor, nothing carry's as good as a snubnose 38 aluminum fram revolver.
tblt4

Postby tblt4 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am

Should I buy a glock 19, a xd compact a cz P-01 or a fn pistol all in 9 m.m.??? I think the cz will shoot the best groups from the reviews I have read,but parts are more expensive.Glock magizine is half the price of a cz.The cz is the only aluminum frame.The fn is a little more expensive.The cz has a 5 year warrenty.Glock and xd lifetime and I don't know about fd.I have a 38 snobnose for carry so the size and weight is not really a factor, nothing carry's as good as a snubnose 38 aluminum fram revolver.
tblt4

Postby epwrangler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:45 pm

I owned a glock 19 and sold it. It was agood gun but I wanted a 45 so Ibought an XD. Great Gun. On a whim I bought a CZ75 and love it. It is accurate and fun to shoot bu t mine is a bit big and heavy to carry for some. I manage it quite well at times.
epwrangler

Postby jlp3rd » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Does anyone know if the decocker is reversible? Looks like there maybe a place for it, and all of the shops I go to or call don't seem to know the answer, and I figuard I would try here first. Thanks in advance....
jlp3rd

Postby yodacat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38 pm

I own a CZ pcr which is basically the p-01 without a rail. This is a tight, accurate well made pistol. It is attractive in both price and appearance. All the CZ models I have handled feel good in the hand and point very nicely. At the range it can out shoot my Glock and Beretta friends, in fact they shoot better with the CZ then with there own pistols. It has a little creep in the trigger but after you shoot a few hundred rounds it is not an issue. Holsters/accessories may be little hard to find especially for us southpaws. tblt4 is right about the ammo, cci will gunk up the pistol especially your mags.
yodacat

Postby literaltrance » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 am

Wow :)

This has to be the most underrated gun out there (or line of guns I should say, this is really just a CZ 75 with some tweaks). There's no beating around the bush: the CZ P-01 is the total package for everyday use. I know I'm just a handgun hobbyist but I know there are plenty of things about the P-01 which get overlooked and this is a true shame.

Pros:

-the best ergonomics package in the industry, particularly the grip

-the best decocker in terms of position and feel (I wish every gun had one of these...of course, decockers have to be your thing)

-all-metal gun; aluminum frame provides lightweight alternative to polymer without the "hollowed" feel of plastic, and this just adds to the superior ergonomics of the firearm by providing unmatched balance and natural point-and-shoot feel

Cons:

-field stripping is a little tricky; you need a "tool" to do it, albeit, any form of plastic such as a pen or a stack of a few credit cards will do. Rocks or other metal objects (aka your mag) will also work but then you risk scratching the finish.

-finish is nothing to brag about, especially on the frame...seems aluminum alloy doesn't care for a black coat and it begins to wear more quickly than desired.... not a huge deal since aluminum alloy doesn't rust but don't expect a everyday-use P-01 to win a beauty pageant. Slide finish is acceptable

-only comes in 9mm (yes I am aware of the p-06 but the mag extension appears to be standard and is not something I'd want on mine)
literaltrance

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols