>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ P-01 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Konigstigerii » Mon May 14, 2007 1:32 am

I recently purchased a used P-01 for a good price and love this pistol! Plus I can brag about how this is the only nato approved pistol you can buy! lol. I fired a few hundred round thru it so far, and with out a single problem at all, using S&B and Black Hills. Very accurate and extremly comfortable. My friend has the XD Tactical 9mm and after shooting the P-01 he is strongly considering selling it to buy one. His first clip he put thru it was better than pretty much any of his many groupings with the XD. Good trigger after break in, and the finish is really tough too, which makes it nice if youre carrying it a lot which i plan on doing. The only thing Im going to change on it is put night sights on it.
Konigstigerii

Postby etiryak » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should pay for this gun? It lists for $595.

Thanks.
etiryak

Postby czdude » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:29 pm

well this gun is a lot easier to conceal than my 2 other fav.s the cz 85b and cz 75 so if you want a smaller gun go with this one
czdude

Postby epwrangler » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:42 pm

I was shocked to see that the grip screw on my cz 75 was rusting from iwb carry in hot weather. My only criticism of sz. I want one in stainless.
epwrangler

Postby Bogey83 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:29 pm

I just purchased a CZ P-01 for my first handgun over the glock 19 and springfield XD. I knew this gun was the one after holding it at a gun show. I know I am just repeating what everyone else has been saying, but the CZ fit my hand amazingly. At the gun show one of the dealers wanted $539 out the door. I got mine on-line for about $460 (about $490 after shipping and transfer fees.) I just took it to the range yesterday and fired about 200 rounds through the pistol without one single problem. The CZ P-01 is a very accurate gun. The trigger in S/A is very nice and light. There were five snap caps in the case when I got the gun so I sat around and dry fired it until I finally got the chance to take it to the range. D/A has more of a pull but still is very nice. The gun is absolutely beautiful and is easy to take down for cleaning once you figure it out. So far I love everything about the gun and it seems I definately made the right choice by going with the CZ. I wanted to thank everyone that posted comments on this gun b/c in the end it greatly influenced my decision to get one. Thanks!
Bogey83

Postby guacala » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Bought a few months back at houston gun show for $360 (new). Dark Green finish. Maybe it was so "cheap" because some folks don't like the dark green...I personally think it looks great.

Fits my hand great, very compact.

Have put about 500 rounds through it without issue. Very accurate.

For the money (and even for more money) did not find one that I liked better. Light, reliable, compact, durable, easy to clean...what else would anyone want? Got turned onto CZ by our local police chief. Search the web, read the reviews..it's a great firearm.
guacala

Postby Texas4Life » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:53 pm

I bought this gun in November of 2006 and have had zero problems out of 1,500 rounds. This gun looks great and fits great in my hand. I really wish they would make some hogue grips for it like the ones for the CZ 75. You really can't go wrong with a CZ, especially one that has gone through as much testing as the P-01.
Texas4Life

Postby coolwill07 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:29 am

i cant make up my mind... you guys know its difficult. a SIG P226, a CZ 75, a GLOCK 34, or an HK USP. i'm going for a 9mm, i need a little feed back which one to go for. all seem to be ok.
coolwill07

Postby epwrangler » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:50 am

Get the cz.
epwrangler

Postby guacala » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:23 am

My feedback...I can only talk to the CZ....

I chose it because (a) I liked the polymer coating (so I don't have to obsess about wiping it down all the time) (b) CZ reputation for quality (c) Size....full sized but can still act as concealed carry (d) easy to break down and clean. (e) all metal frame and I am not a fan of polymer frames (but it is still nice and lite) (f) it was $360 new (cost was a factor, but not a driving reason; in the end I would have paid much more for this gun)

But the biggest reason I bought it was I picked it up and it just "fit"...it gave me confidence. It's something you really can't look at objectively...you either like the way something feels in your hand or you do not (kinda like buying golf clubs). I did so I bought. I have a buddy that has a Beretta 9000 that he loves and I hate (grip too wide for my liking)....so for him this was the right decision but would not have been for me

I think with most modern name brand firearms you don't have to worry about things like "quality and performance" (granted a few lemons come out once in a while) so it really comes down to going down to a gun show, holding them all, and walking out with the one that "speaks" to you...and me and the P01 talk all the time.
guacala

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols