>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

CZ P-01 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby babysigi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:13 am

I gave my first (probably only) CZ purchase a good chance to proove itself, IMO it failed.

The good: fells good in the hand, looks good on the outside, has low bore axis, good magazine capacity, points well and is pretty accurate.

The bad: Terrible DA/SA trigger (company rep instructed me to be patient with the trigger or spend a lot of money getting it worked) after lots of dry fires (with snap-caps) and 300 live rounds through it, it still has a terrible trigger - compared to other "combat" style weapons I own. The trigger return spring broke within 2 months. The gun just feels cheap and the internals are not what I would expect of a pistol of that price. This pistol should sell for $450 or less new.

Don't swallow all the CZ is great Kool-aid - do yourself a favor and look around before you buy a P-01.
babysigi

Postby epwrangler » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 pm

There are many great guns to choose from. Some maybe better than others depending on how you plan on using it and how it fits in your hand. Try them all. Service weapons arew good for hime protection and for casual shooting. They are not realtarget guns nor are they the best for concealed carry. That needs a smaller compact version for most people.
epwrangler

Postby cstarr » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:10 am

cstarr

Postby ACPGUY » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:52 pm

This pistol is solid! Very nice to shoot, very accurate, and extremely ergonomic. Its a bit heavy to carry but can be done. I love the rubber grips! Take down is a bit of a hassel but not too bad. This pistol compares to SIG IMO, but for a much better price. The trigger pull is not a SIG buts its not horrible.
ACPGUY

Previous

Return to Pistols