>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Colt 1911 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 am

TEX,

You had your time with a 1911. Plus, it's a lot more $$ than a Glock! Ask your Wife which you should Buy! LOL
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 am

no sense in trying to talk him into buying tupperware......

There's somthing about a Colt 1911 which makes one feel inadaquate without it! LOL

I miss my baby...... Time to get another!
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:50 am

Why another?

BB, I would have figured you would have been way past the "Tupperware" viewpoint.
beltbuckle

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Oh Billy, That one hurt! Problem is that she knows if I get a little carried away and feel guilty, she is in line for something extravigant. Last pistol cost me a $809.00 Kitchen-Aid Stainless Steel 610 mixer with all available attachements.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby beltbuckle » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 am

Just joking about the tupperware comment. I just made the joke because I read your post and it came across to me that your here in the 1911 thread promoting glock.

Have you ever owned a 1911 Bill? a Colt 1911? How about a Colt in general?

Just curious is all, I dont mean anything negative.
beltbuckle

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm

He guys,

The hardest thing I ever did weapon wise was to to drop my 45 into the "No questions Asked" barrel just before my flight home from Viet Nam. The said we would be searched when we got back to God's country. They Lied, I cried.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 pm

BB, I know it's a good Gun, most of their Line is. I would like to get a 1911 if it weren't for my Back. (9mm even Hurts!) But TEX and I had talked about the Glock in earlier Posts. I wasn't pitting 1 up against the other, actually if you saw them I had also told him to Carry a Colt over the Walther. He had problems with Glocks Price, that was why I said get a Glock when the Colt 1911 came up cause it was a lot less.

Bill
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Ok, Billy, I've caught the 1911 fever and still can't see me ever buying a Glunk ///Glick?????Glak, oh hell whatever. I'm retired and not carrying a duty piece, never did except in Nam. I sincerely treasure my weapons and John Browning is my ultimate firearm hero, up there with Sam Colt. I might include Bill Ruger too. Just can't wrap my heart aroung a piece of plastic.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 am

Texass, LOL, Just fooling with ya!

PLASTIC?? You mean the Handle only, which is actually Polycarbonate, or "Lexan" for short, and More durable than Steel. Ever take one apart? All Stress Parts are Steel, except for the Recoil Rod which can be easilly and cheaply replaced if you care to. I would not want to Carry it if the Handle was Steel, it would weigh a Ton! Also, LEO's Carrying it gives it a pretty good Rep! Most pick their own Brand, many pay as well.

Plus the 1911 was a "Duty Piece", still may be with some!

*But the Main Question is, *How the Hell did the Walther turn out?? LOL

I went thru the same feelings till I read the Ratings, got torn apart here, and finally used a GLOCK. Bought it that Day.

(And it's Bill, No Y. That was just a joke!)
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:49 am

That basis for an individual's feelings about a Glock or any other polymer framed gun for that matter is common. There definitely is an initial like or dislike for the design. One of my first semi autos was a Colt Series 70 and what an excellent decision that was. But I also own a Glock 23. They both are as excellent a firearm as a person could ever own! I have never had a single problem with either pistol and truly believe, outside of a major part failure, that I'll continue to have troublefree service from them.

Tex, while your love and preference for anything steel or steel alloy is understandable and respected, I would like you to get out there with one of these excellent handguns (IMO) and get to know it. It may not change your mind and I actually believe it won't (due to your obvious feelings), but it may allow you the flexibility to enjoy it ocassionally! If I could convince you as every Glock I've ever fired has proven to me, they are completely reliable. So much so that many shooters get tired of hearing about it. I've got nothing but love for my Colt 1911 but I've found out through plenty of hands on practice that there's room in my heart and range bag for that unusual looking pistol called a Glock!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols