>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 8000 Cougar Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby EBG » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:05 am

Yep epwrangler, in my 8 years of carrying I've had to show my permit twice. The first one like I said was at the mall (I did not think the security guard had any right to demand to see my CCW because he realy did not see my gun, only something that was bulking through my shirt that looked like one - but I thought I'd better not make waves). The second time was when I accidentally ran a stop sign (and I'm sticking to that story that it was an accident). A city cop stopped me. I rolled down my window halfway and placed both hands on the steering wheel. When he came up to my window to ask for lic., reg., & insurance I told him that before I reached for anything that I would like to inform him that I have a CCW permit and that I am carrying my weapon with me. He told me to slowly take out my CCW along with all the stuff that he asked for. When everything came out OK, he gave me a warning on running the stop sign and like your son thanked me. He also told me that I had a good instructor who taught me how to handle that situation in that manner.
EBG

Postby epwrangler » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:00 pm

Glad you had no real problems. Back when I was younger I used to get 22 ammo at the local drive in grocery wearing a revolver on my belt. They all sold it. I grew up with all food stores having a sporting goods section kind of like WalMart. It used to be very common for factory reps to come and visit with customers in the stores. But then I can also remember the day meat rationing ended after WWII. I was just a little kid then.
epwrangler

Postby EBG » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 pm

I agree epwrangler, gone are the good all days when owning a firearm was a lot more simpler. By the way, how does your son like that XD .45? I have a XD .40 and love the way it shoots. Thinking about upgrading it to a .45.
EBG

Postby epwrangler » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:02 pm

We both have one. He shot mine and wanted me to give it to him so, I bought him his own. I also signed him up for the carry course at the same time. He qualified with it the first time he ever shot it and had a perfect score. Everyone watching was impressed with him and the gun.
epwrangler

Postby Dunnie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:46 am

I have just purchased the cougar, any suggestions on a holster?
Dunnie

Postby epwrangler » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:13 am

Think of how you plan to use it and what you plan to wear. Then go looking for a holster to meet your needs and budget. You have to try them for you.
epwrangler

Postby teknoid » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Holsters depend on wardrobe and personal preference. Personally, I use either a Don Hume H721OT or a UBG IWB with loops. Normally, it's the OWB for comfort.
teknoid

Postby Dunnie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:30 pm

teknoid thanks for lookin out i ordered the don hume h721ot i should be gettin it soon ill let u no how it werks out
Dunnie

Postby RichC » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:13 am

I am looking at a Beretta model 8045 Cougar. I believe that the frame is aluminum alloy. Anyone have comments on alloy frames?
RichC

Postby epwrangler » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:26 am

Some of the S&W and Colt pistols have had aluminum frames for years with no problems. Many now are plastic. Enjoy your new gun and keep it clean and oiled up.
epwrangler

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols