>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 8000 Cougar Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Dunnie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:47 pm

Well i thought that there was going to be representatives from for example glock, beretta,taurus,etc. It wanest like that at all i just got my hopes up for that. they had alot of stuff for rifles all different types but as far a pistols nuttin a good seletion at all.
Dunnie

Postby Dunnie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:22 am

yea,im to far from las vegas if u hear anything on p.a. gun shows like that let me know.
Dunnie

Postby Dunnie » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:39 pm

epwrangler, got another one for you buddy. would u rather go with the sig p232,380. the cz 83,380. or just a regular smith and wesson 38 spl. snubby?
Dunnie

Postby GeeZee » Wed May 14, 2008 7:34 am

What is the basic difference between the BERETTA 8000 Couger and the STOEGER model... I know BERETTA owns Stoeger and the Stoegers are made in Turkey, but is there any real difference in the QUALTY of the guns... cause my STOEGER is really turning-out to be a GREAT shoot for $325!
GeeZee

Postby reallylucky » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:57 am

of what I read the Stoeger is mabe with the same cnc machines and the same materials but the cost of production is much less!
reallylucky

Postby yodacat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:09 pm

I bought my Stoeger cougar 8000 9mm new in June 2007, I've put 2k rounds through it without a single issue. It shoots better than I do, making a ragged hole out of the 10 ring at 10 yds. At 15-25 yds never anything beyond the 8 ring. It feels and functions better than or equal to any high end pistols I've used or owned. Including Sig, Glock, S&W, or the Beretta 92/96. The major difference I see with the Stoeger and its Beretta cousin is that the finish is not near as nice on the Stoeger frame. This is a small sacrifice for almost half the price ( I paid $349 nib). I carry it as my off duty weapon. For most it may be a little too big for summer ccw and some may have a problem with it not being +p rated. I find it to be a quality made and very reliable pistol. It's great at the range, for the nightstand, car or personal carry. It is a fine all around gun and if you are considering buying one I can't recommend it enough. You shouldn't regret it. Did I mention I love this gun.
yodacat

Postby Raybeck » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:19 pm

I just bought My Cougar, first owner hardly put 200rnds on it so it's almost new. I must say I'm in love with it, it fits perfect in my hands, can be used by both Left/Right handers and its easy to strip down. The only problem I have is I got sweaty palms and the plastic grips are not helping but I cant wait to take it to the range this weekend to see what i keep reading about the recoil and accuracy is true.

p.s. The only difference between the Beretta 8000 cougar and the Stoeger Cougar is the name, the materials used to make it and the machines are the same. It's just that Stoger is a branch of Beretta which doe's the production in Turkey due to operational costs and a good deal.
Raybeck

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 am

I've owned the Beretta 8045 Cougar for 6 or 7 months now and have probably put about 600-700 rounds of assorted ammo through it. I can't find anything I don't LOVE about this gun. Well except for the price of .45 loads. ... No bark, no bite.....Everyone that fires it wants one in my circle of shooting friends. My wife recently used it for her range CCW qualifying weapon by choice and that says a lot!
Doriadiver

Postby oldhammer » Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Got my Stoeger 8000 in the mail right now heading my way- cant wait. After reading/researching a long time this pistol seems like the perfect fit for me. Was just wondering what brand of ammo you guys feed it, fmj, hp,s whatever,and what your experiences have been altho I'll guess not too many negative ones. This is my first semi handgun.
oldhammer

Postby Doriadiver » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

While I have the Beretta and not the Stoeger, I can't find anything negative to say about the gun other than the price of .45 ammo. It eats EVERYTHING I've forced down it's throat and breakdown is a snap. Not a negative anywhere that I've heard or seen re: this gun. What a great first semi however , it may spoil you for everything else. Curious to know if your experience with the Stoeger is as positive as mine with the Beretta? This is my wifes favorite gun and two friends have gone out and bought this same gun after shooting mine.
Doriadiver

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols