>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta Px4 Storm Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 am

As I mentioned elsewhere, I just purchased a PX4 sub compact 9mm, and I could not stop it from jamming. The Range Instructor came in and tried it and it worked fine, but he was 300 lbs of muscle, and I'm 130 with a bad Back. But he could hold it steady enough not to have any recoil when firing, which he said was essential with that Weapon. I have Carried for 30 Yrs, and never had a problem with a full size handle, (G-19 and 1911) so I decided to forget it and go with a compact 357 Revolver. If I'm gonna Carry it, I want to be sure it shoots Every time, just like my other 2. Otherwise I don't want it, my fault or not.
Gloc9mm

Postby Mik3e » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:34 pm

gloc9mm: at the risk of sounding preachy I'll offer a few observations and suggestions. 1) Cheap 'plinking' ammo often doesn't generate the energy to reliably cycle the slide. Base your decision on the good stuff. 2) I use the small back-strap to get the heel of my hand behind the grip for better control. 3) Grease the slide and the hammer-release cam on the safety lever. 4) Store the gun with the slide open for a few months. This will take the edge off a new spring. If you have done the above and still don't trust the gun then toss it.

I'm also a lightweight with a bad back and I've not had a problem with the SC.
Mik3e

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 am

Thank's for the help, but I got rid of it that same day. They took it back and I bought a Ruger 357 Revolver for the times I need a small Carry Pistol. Every other shot was an FTE/FTL, and as I said I don't really know if I can blame the Gun. When the Instructor held it like it was in a Vise, it worked fine but I just couldn't get it down, and when Carrying I want to be able to just pull and shoot if God forbid it ever comes to that. Besides all the Legal ramifications I don't want to also need to remember to hold it differently than any other Weapon I own. Plus even when doing that it jammed like every 3rd or 4th shot. I just didn't want to take the chance of never being able to handle it correctly. Otherwise I thought it was a very nice Gun and made well.
Gloc9mm

Postby Stebai » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Anyone purchasing a new pistol might run into jams at the start, from any manufacturer's product. The problem is not usually the pistol itself. It's the magazine. Many magazines come with gunk in the mechanism. Clean it out and you should be fine. My girlfriend had this same problem after purchasing the Storm subcompact. I cleaned the magazine and flexed it a few times and she hasn't had a misfeed or failure to extract these past six months.
Stebai

Postby Stebai » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:07 pm

The perfect gift. YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

----------- http://www.poloor.com ---------

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All thepr oducts are

free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the pay pal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

NFL MLB,NBA, Jersey Wholesale $27-$41

Air jordan(1-24) nike sh ox shoes $36

Chanel BAPE Gucci Omega Rolex Watches $95

Sunglasses Oakey,coach,gucci $12

Handbags(Coach gucci juicy lv) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $38

Outdoor Clothing Colombia the North Face $80

http://poloor.com

The perfect gift.
Stebai

Postby Stebai » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:07 pm

The perfect gift. YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

----------- http://www.poloor.com ---------

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All thepr oducts are

free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the pay pal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

NFL MLB,NBA, Jersey Wholesale $27-$41

Air jordan(1-24) nike sh ox shoes $36

Chanel BAPE Gucci Omega Rolex Watches $95

Sunglasses Oakey,coach,gucci $12

Handbags(Coach gucci juicy lv) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $38

Outdoor Clothing Colombia the North Face $80

http://poloor.com

The perfect gift.
Stebai

Postby MightyFoFaad » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

What kind of flaming dick licking asshole tries to spam free advertising on a forum webpage. Probably shit merchandise this dick head is having trouble giving away.
MightyFoFaad

Postby markej4801 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks for the flavorful wording! Couldn't have put it better myself. I spent a few minutes on a note to the website help section. Perhaps this moron can find somewhere else to flame?
markej4801

Postby Rerun201 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 pm

I belong to other forums that give you an option to ignore a particular poster. Would be nice to have that feature here.
Rerun201

Postby tjseveryday » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:04 am

Have this in .40 cal. Very comfortable and great looking. Very easy to strip and clean. Holds a lot of rounds for a .40. It took a bit to get used too for me. I think the gun is a bit too light for the caliber. It's too big to carry. Plus the DA/SA Thumb Safety/Decocker is confounfding at times. Give me a DA only for self defense any day of the week. I use it for range time only.
tjseveryday

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols