>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:02 pm

I had the M21 in .25acp and had the exact same problem, it hated getting dirty. What I had the most trouble with when it got fouled was the inability to pop up the barrel. A quick clean up always returned it to service. I sold my Bobcat but still own an original Jetfire .25 auto and I feel it's a better gun than this one. It doesn't experience this same problem to the degree the M21 did and is more reliable overall.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby S&W910 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Tig it's been a while since i've been on here but i have a question, a friend of mine has a Bobcat it comes in 22 short or so it is stamped yet i found nothing on here about a 22 short version. Any Ideas?

To the conversation of Crime and laws below, there's been a study although i don't know what it was called so i can't look it up, that proved that crime in the Wild West at least murder wise was less back then, than it is now, Better Parents and less technology i guess.
S&W910

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey S&W, I do have some info on that. It's not a Bobcat but more on the order of the Jetfire. It's a .22 Short Single Action, the model 950CC, the "Minx" M2. They also made a model 949 in .22 S and LR but it came with a muzzle brake and barrel weights. It was a match gun, the "Olympic Target". To each his own on that one! The Minx in NRA 100% will only fetch around $135 bucks.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby S&W910 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for the info Tig
S&W910

Postby The_Goon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 pm

what kind of gun can a 20 or 14 year gun can get
The_Goon

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:05 am

Would you like to ask that question again?

tigwelder56

Postby The_Goon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 pm

im trying to get a gun for my 14 year old son for he can practice what kind of gun can i get
The_Goon

Postby The_Goon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 pm

What kind of a gun a 14 year can controlled but its for an 18 year old
The_Goon

Postby markej4801 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 am

@the goon: I'm not exactly sure just what you are after here, but I will try to address this question to the best of my limited ability. A 14 year old, not familiar with weapons might be best led into the artform through a group such as the Boy Scouts of America. They offer many merit badges, including shooting skills, which would help him become proficient with firearms. The scouts can give him a group of friends to work with and to feed responsibility to him as well.

As to which weapon to start with, I would think a .22LR rifle would be a good first gun. There are many out there from various brands. This will take a bit of research on your/his part, but that is part of the fun, so take your time. My personal preference is the venerable Ruger 10/22. There is a huge following for the 10/22. It is an inexpensive weapon, one that can be obtained in a vast number of stores, including many WalMarts. If you are insisting on starting with a handgun, there are many that will fill that bill. Most manufacturers sport at least one model and several have multiple variations of their offerings. You have a lot of research ahead of you, so enjoy the journey!
markej4801

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:43 pm

I agree, a 22LR rifle is a better first gun in my opinion for a 14 year old. My first was a single shot H&R 22LR rifle. I got it when I was 10. A first time shooter doesn't need anything bigger to get started with. If you're an accomplished shooter, you might be able to provide the basics when shooting targets or tin cans, but I recommend a true course in gun handling from safety through skill with a trained instructor. Your local ranges and gun dealers should have that information available.

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols