>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Beretta 21 Bobcat Reviews

Postby dood » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:49 am

I dont recommend this pistol in .22LR. It doesnt have an extractor. An ejector, but no extractor.

Ive had mine for over a decade. Its built to jam. Firing CCI Stingers help somewhat if you really stiffarm your hold so the pistol gets maximum recoil.

Typically the jams are due to a fired roud not extracting. Sometimes (after a successful extraction and ejection) the following round jams on the loading ramp and leave dents that have to be polished out. One time at the range the front edge of both grips popped out of the frame while firing. (Look at the above picture to see that the grip screws are at the rear of the grips.) Im not exactly sure why it did that, but the slide recoil levers and recoil springs ride against the inside of the grips and that may have something to do with it.

Do not bet your life on the .22LR version. Maybe the .25 is better. I do not know, though.
dood

Postby 1945 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:15 am

Just returned from range today and after putting approx. 300 rounds of various qualities through this little gem I consider it the best pocket pistol in this caliber available.

It did not jam once. There was one misfire that was do to the bullet itself (a Remington bulk) but it shot that cheap stuff just fine.

CCI Stingers were right on, elevation wise at 25 yards the Remington Thunderbolts and CCI standard velocity were about 4 inches low at that distance and the pistol consistently shoots approx. 6 inches to the left at that distance.

But given my experience with jamming and misfire problems with other pieces in this category (Taurus comes to mind) Im totally pleased with this pistol.

Postby 1945 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:34 am

Postby JJHamilton » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:05 pm

I got one in .25acp, operation is good, accuracy very poor, its a last resort pistol, better than throwing rocks
JJHamilton

Postby RAFA45 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:02 pm

pURCHASED A 21a BOBCAT AND WAS DISSAPOINTED AT FIRST, NOT SO GOOD DA/SA TRIGGER PULL AND PLENTY OF FTEs. DRY FIRED IT WITH EMPTY BRASS CASES AND NOW THE TRIGGER IS VERY SMOOTH. BUFFING THE BURRS I FOUND ON THE RECIEVER SILDE RAILS AND NOW THIS BABY SUCS UP AND SPITS OUT EVERYTHING FROM YELLOW JACKETS TO STINGERS AND ALSO THAT 525/ BOX JUNK WITHOUT A HICCUP. ITS ONLY A 22LR BUT I CAN DUMP A MAG INTO 3INCHES AT 7YARDS IN ABOUT 2.5 SECONDS CONSISTENTLY. WHILE I USUALLY CARRY A 340SC LOADED WITH CORBON 357, I DONT FEEL POORLY ARMED WITH MY LIL BOBCAT. IF YOU WANT A SLICK DEEP COVER BUG YOU COULD DO MUCH WORSE, THIS GUN IS ALSO A GOOD COMBINATION GUN WITH THE TOMCAT, I PICKED UP AN INOX MODEL AND THE BOBCAT IS A GOOD CHEAP PRACTICE GUN FOR SOMEONE WHO CARRIES A TOMCAT.
RAFA45

Postby rodeorider » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:07 am

For the price, this is a fair gun. Not that I would stake my life on it - but I have never experienced a jam in the 10 years Ive owned the 21A. I would recommend applying a fair amount of (synthetic) lubricant/grease to the slide. Also, I polished the slide a couple of years back - thanks for pointing this out, RAFA45. Lubricant and polishing has greatly enhanced the operation of the 21A.
rodeorider

Postby EBG » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:27 am

Got one in 22. Pretty good and will fire and extract without a hitch as long as you clean and lubricate it after every use. Will misfire every now and then if you use cheap ammo though. Cant say much about the accuracy at a further distance than 10-15 yards but that is expected of a short barreled pistol.
EBG

Postby UFFU » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:06 am

I purchased a used Bobcat .22 cal today and took it to the range. I was MORE THAN PLEASED with it. I fired 200 rounds through it without ANY jamming or misfires. I fired CCI Mini Mags .

I purchased this firearm as a back-up gun, to carry concealed. I would recommend it to anyone.

Accuracy was more than decent and really enjoyed it.
UFFU

Postby jlowey1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 pm

I just purchased a Bobcat. Do any of you Bobcat owners know where to buy grip extensions for it?
jlowey1

Postby Potvin24 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 pm

i am lookng fo a good gun for trapping is this a good gun

it just needs to be good enough to pop a cyote in the head if its is not a good choice plzzzz tell me a good gun
Potvin24

Next

Return to Pistols