>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Shadow74 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:05 am

Keep an eye on that frame. It will crack unfortunately. Just a matter of when, not if. I've seen several of the wide slide models, including the INOX crack. Be very careful when trusting your life to it.
Shadow74

Postby johnnyz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 am

Jake, you unfortunately will flush 3 if not 4 of the stars you awarded the moment you see the crack appear. Wide slide owner and mine still cracked. The emotions at the moment you recognize the crack include denial, anger, depression and acceptance. Beretta will address the problem by telling you that this is extremely rare and they are a fantastic company that will stand behind you.

WARNING: Don't bend over!

The frame will not crack if you never shoot it again, or if you don't drop it, or if you don't look at it wrong.
johnnyz

Postby johnnyz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

Watching a documentary on spontaneous discharge of a Remington rifle, a long term problem that had resulted in several deaths. Apparently, the government can order recalls on cars, strollers and food, but they cannot order recalls on firearms. It is up to the manufacturer to do so. Remington never did on this particular rifle.

One person stated that if the govt were to order firearm recalls, they would become so safe that they wouldn't fire.

This may be the reason Beretta has not recalled the Tomcat. It is cheaper to address complaints than fix all the guns. Remington's response letters to those that complained sounded much like the letter I received from Beretta.
johnnyz

Postby BigRichG » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 am

OK Guys, cracked frame Tomcat returned to Beretta on 11/15/2010; replacement (new) received 2/9/2011. And that only after calling ot find out status after no word in two months. Sold it on 2/9/2011 to the gun dealer who helped my with return.

BTW - I saw a photo of a cracked frame posted here months ago but can't find that photo now, can anyone help. I want to send link or photo to friend up north who has same Tomcat 3032.
BigRichG

Postby redleg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I am with you Jake, I have been carrying and shooting this weapon since I bought it when they first came onto the market. No problems, malfunctions, or cracked frame. Over 12 years and still going strong. Killed a number of critters--skunk, moles, armadillo, etc---because it was the gun that I always have with me. I may retire it someday, but not today!!!
redleg

Postby johnnyz » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 am

johnnyz

Postby jakeintexas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I have read a lot of negative comments about the .32 Tomcat but all I can say is mine is performing great. I can't tell you how many boxes of ammo I put through it, lost count. It went to the range with me every week and between rounds with the .45 or .380, my friends and I would put a few more mags through the Tomcat. I want to keep it as a carry so it stays home now. I used .71 grain Winchester ball from Wally World exclusively and the little gun never hiccupped after about the second box. Everything needs a break in but I only had a couple of failures to eject and feed. It put a couple of hot brasses down my shirt collar but so does my .45 so... If you decide to buy, be sure and get the wide slide. A couple of my friends who had the old Tomcats did have some problems but the new slide seems to be taking care of it, at least for me. There might be a few lemons out there but mine is a keeper. NOT FOR SALE....
jakeintexas

Postby forddave » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:50 pm

just wanted to say i loved my tomcat inox intill about 10 mins ago,the frame is cracked. gun always ran well,point of aim and i thought well built. e-mail customer service and waiting for a reply. also it was not shot very often(may be a good thing after all),was a coat pocket gun. bought new in 04 and it still looks new. i understand all guns break if u shoot enough BUT THE FRAME ON A LOW ROUND COUNT GUN !!! BERRETTA YOU CAN DO BETTER
forddave

Postby johnnyz » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:49 pm

forddave, Rate the piece of junk with star(s?). No influence from me, please. When I can Google scores of cracked frame stories, then experience my own INOX frame cracking, followed by 3 months of BS from Beretta, I am only comforted by the fact that anyone who buys a Tomcat or supports their "wonderful" reliability is either a Beretta affiliate, hasn't had the frame crack yet, or hasn't found the crack that already exists.
johnnyz

Postby forddave » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 am

johnnyz- i think you hit the nail on the head with your statement. just a matter of time before they discover the crack. not sure when mine really broke,heard about it and pulled mine out and sure enough,CRACKED gun not abused at all, to look at it you would think it was new.
forddave

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols