>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:28 am

Hey Bley, I'm a Seecamp fan from way back and my current .32acp has a S/N of 47K+, with no problems whatsoever. I've never heard anything about a metallurgical problem with any Seecamp, ever. Please describe when and where you got that information, please. I know Larry will be interested too!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Blev » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:09 am

Blev

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't want to get any farther off topic than we are Bley, so when I get a reply from Larry (Seecamp) on this, I'll be in touch. Trust me, just because they used a different grade of stainless to enable them to manufacture the new .380, identically sized to the .25 and .32, and then decided to use that new grade of SS in everything because it's better, doesn't make the early models defective. Not by a long shot. I don't know why you came to that conclusion, but it's not correct. Never has there been a better pocket pistol made by anyone. History will support that.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Blev » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Heh, I don't think they are deffective in any, great guns. But, if I'm going to spend a Grand, I want the best and newest upgrade I can get for my money.
Blev

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

This isn't selling for anywhere close to $1000 bucks! I can buy a brand new, in the box .32 right now for $450.00 bucks! You simply have to look hard, they're there Blev!

tigwelder56

Postby Blev » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 pm

"The Tomcat box includes a notice warning against using ammunition that generates more than 130 fpe, I'm paying attention to that. The notice warns against increased wear & tear, and obviously the cracked slide business is what they mean. Interestingly, the notice specifies several different brands/loads of .32 ACP self-defense ammunition that are suitable: 60g Winchester Silvertip, 60g Speer Gold Dot, and 65g Federal Premium Hydra-Shok. It also points out that there are "a number of lower velocity 71 grain rounds, all of which have a muzzle energy of not greater than 130 foot/pounds."

Since I've noticed that several brands of .32ACP claim significantly higher vels, I'll limit their use to my Beretta 1935, which is about twice as heavy as the Tomcat."

Interesting info I read on another forum, that if followed, might prevent the aluminum frame cracking on the Tomcat.
Blev

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Good luck with that...

tigwelder56

Postby johnnyz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:27 am

Oh Blev! So many red flags! FPE is calculated by weight and velocity. Do you chrono your 32ACPs if they are not on the Beretta list? They must be chrono'd from the Tomcat to be accurate. I accept no +p, but this standard is crap.

I never put anything heavy through mine and it cracked.

Can you define excessive wear and tear as a structural crack after a few dozen to a few hundred rounds?

"Might prevent," is akin to might hold together while driving a notoriously flawed auto on an interstate. If you want to chance it, God bless. I am done with any Beretta product forever.
johnnyz

Postby Blev » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm not sure what any of that means, heh. I'm looking for a gun I can stick in the front pocket of my jeans. I really like this gun, I had one 10yrs ago and liked everything about it, but I never got a chance to shoot it before I went broke and had to sell it.

Then recently I read about all the cracked frame problems. I'm trying every way to find this gun a reliable gun, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I don't want to go back to carrying a big S&W model 36 revolver in my front pocket again, though it is reliable 100% of the time.

I have spent hours researching all the guns in this size, but the more I read about them, the more I get confused on the good and bad reviews of each of the pistols. Mainly the Seacamp and the NAA (good points and bad points on each gun, has about equaled it out to me, more lean towards the NAA).

I've even looked at the PSA "Baby Browning" .25, and being a police officer, I have seen a few people killed with a .25 cal. But in general, even with the hottest load, most of the stories I have read are not good reviews on a .25 as a SD carry weapon. I've even heard of the bullet boucing off of a target. I have acutally witnessed a guy that a .22 bounced off of his head.
Blev

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:32 pm

I don't have a clue why you're so determined to make a diamond out of a turd. Aren't years of documented failures enough to convince a law enforcement officer... that he should stay away from it? Talk to your range training officer and armorer, I'm surprised you haven't already. If you continue to think that there are problems with a Seecamp (with an E), you haven't done your homework there either. If you want a pocket gun, buy a second generation Ruger LCP .380 and put this to rest.

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols