>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Goldfinger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:03 am

I am now on my second Tomcat. My first was an INOX version. I didnt fully appreciate what I had and sold it. I soon regretted my decision and purchased a second Tomcat, though it wasnt an INOX. I love this little gun. Slips easily into my back pocket and is a joy to break down and clean. I have had no jams or failures.
Goldfinger

Postby PPP » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:09 pm

Would you expain what INOX means? Thanks, PPP
PPP

Postby Goldfinger » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:37 am

INOX means stainless steel
Goldfinger

Postby rfbaptista » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:21 pm

I have two of the newer model 3032s with the longer safety lever. I bought one for CCW and after my wife saw it, she wanted one, too, so I bought a second one the next day. I have both 7 and 10 round mags.

My wife cannot overcome the inertia present when first pulling back the slide (on any gun), so being able to top load and draw back the hammer makes it easier for her. Ive shot a few hundred rounds through it (with ear and eye protection!) and even without my glasses I can group them well enough to perform its purpose as a CCW. If I wanted to really hurt someone, Id use my Beretta 90-two .40 cal with a 20 rnd mag! Being a CCW, one doesnt need to be able to group them in two inches at 25 yards. If I was more than a couple of yards from someone, Id think about running like hell before Id want to go through the hassle of justifying a shoot and spend the rest of my life wondering if I really had to shoot.

It fits well into my ankle holster, inside or outside the boot. I dont like the way inside the pants holsters fit since they are heavy and fall out. Inside a vest or jacket pocket works for me.

I only have one problem with the gun: the slide doesnt stay open on the last round causing me to dry fire at least once unless I have been counting. Ive been thinking about putting a spring-loaded snap-shell in for the last round so it wont eject it and it will not hurt it to dry fire.
rfbaptista

Postby Goldfinger » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am

Here in Florida we have the new Stand Your Ground law which basically means you are no longer required to flee in the face of imminent danger but instead have the right to stand and use any force deemed by you to be necessary to defend yourself, up to and including lethal force. The burden of proving otherwise falls on the DA. The law grants civil and criminal immunity to the person using such force as long as the action was reasonable. Basically it means that if Tyrone comes up and tries to carjack your new Ford F150 you can blow his brains out and not fear having 30 of his relatives come out of the woodwork to try and cash in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

rfbaptista said...If I was more than a couple of yards from someone, Id think about running like hell before Id want to go through the hassle of justifying a shoot and spend the rest of my life wondering if I really had to shoot.
Goldfinger

Postby rfbaptista » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:22 am

I guess here in PA we still go by the CYA (Cover Your Ass) law.

I grew up in Oakland, CA. In my experience, if you shot Tyrone, you *would* have to worry about 30 relatives seeking retribution. Then I think you would want an M60 machine gun.
rfbaptista

Postby Str8Shooter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Well Ill try and keep this short...The gun itself is not bad. I carry it as my backup while on-duty and occassionally off-duty. It only has the power of a .32 and the accuracy of a short barrelled pistol which is expected but at close range you WILL hit your target. I have had this Tomcat 3032 w/ Tritium nightsight for about 2 years without any problems with my CURRENT one. My 1st one brand new came w/ a damaged sight and loose trigger. Sent that back which they couldnt repair so got another brand new one. Beretta sent me this new one which would always fail to eject when shooting w/ a full magazine. I sent this back as it was proven not to be the magazine and beretta again could not fix that one so they sent me a 3rd one. This 3rd one has worked well so if anyone else has problems with them make sure you dont settle w/ it. Get a properly working firearm.
Str8Shooter

Postby Goldfinger » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:08 pm

Im a little confused. Whats the purpose of Tritium nightsights on a pistol made to be used at short range? Seems to me that if you had to draw and use this particular weapon the circumstances would take place so quickly that there isnt time to line up the sights, you just point and shoot. I would think Tritium nightsights on a short-barrelled pistol is more for cosmetic purposes than practicality.
Goldfinger

Postby Str8Shooter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:15 pm

For the most part that is accurate but even at short range you are supposed to use the front sight...just not take the time to get a full proper sight picture. And being as only the front sight is tritium it works out perfect. Plus some of the reviews state it is difficult to shoot due to very small sights, well this fixes that problem. I guess it depends on your need for the gun and being I use it as a backup gun on-duty at night, I choose to get the tritium model for same price as stainless(INOX)
Str8Shooter

Postby rfbaptista » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:18 pm

Well, I guess I could say I had one bit of trouble... the safety latch on one of them stuck after a few rounds when new, but after a quick takedown and reassemble (about as much as you would do to change grip parts) then it has worked fine ever since.

When I signed up for the Beretta warranties online, one of the three guns was said to be a bad serial number and Id have to send in a card by hand. Maybe I have a knockoff but dont know it, but then again, neither of the dealers I purchased from or have worked on them havent said a thing.

Im having trouble with Berettas online help system now. 11 days to answer a simple question seems a bit long.
rfbaptista

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols