>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder 380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby namara » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:43 pm

Ok..Ok..OKAY ...Ill call RAY!!! :-)

LOL

Have a good weekend!

Namara<---- Knows Nuttin!
namara

Postby gunnutz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:20 am

THANKS!!! Im picking up my new mini thunder 40 s&w Monday....
gunnutz

Postby Stan89031 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:25 am

After reading a bunch of favorable comments on this site and other product reviews, I bought a Bersa 380. Took it straight to the range and shot 150 rounds through it. I love the sights, easy to see (even at my age) and put on target. shot three inch groups at 10 yards right out of the box. Nice smooth trigger pull. Decocker is a little stiff but is made up for by the nice double action trigger pull. Wish my Walther PPK was this way. To my happy surprise I did not have one jam or feed problem, even when I tried to limp wrist a few on purpose. Sure wish I would have found out about this gun sooner. Its lighter than most cause of the use of aluminum alloy where it does not have to be steel. This gun is a keeper. Do I recommend it? Well, so far, so good.
Stan89031

Postby byways » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Ive had mine for about six months, and shoot it often using a variety of brands. Im sure Ive put several hundred rounds through it by now. It consistently jams on the last round no matter what ammunition I use. The screw on the left side of the grip loosens every time. Beneath the right grip there is a C-clip on a pin, apparently related to the magazine release, that is a poor fit and often pops off the pin (I discovered this when I removed the grips for a more thorough cleaning. I do not consider it a reliable gun. Still, it is amazingly accurate, really dead-on, and is fun to shoot. Just dont count on it for defense. I paid $219 for the duo tone. I will be switching to a Sig P232 for reliability, but will continue to shoot the Bersa because it is a good gun to shoot under controlled circumstances.
byways

Postby gunnutz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:36 pm

I guess if was me, byways Id have my dealer send the gun back to the factory for the clip deal. As far as loose screws, I found that any pistol above 22 cal. may have a loose screw here or there after a shooting session. I bought a set of 150 different screw driver tips from Harbor freight for about 6 or 7 dollars, and evary time I clean a handgun I check for loose screws. For personal protection I carry a Charter Bulldog 44 Mag.
gunnutz

Postby byways » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:42 am

Today I cleaned it thoroughly. I even cleaned and lightly oiled the insides of my two magazines (patches came out filthy!). Bought a box of 50 CCI Blazer 95 gr TMJ (aluminum jackets), and fired all 50 without a single problem. First time Ive been able to shoot it without jams. Not sure if cleaning the mags did it, or the CCI Blazers or both, but it worked flawlessly. I put a little medium Locktite on the grip screw, and it held fast. Again, a very, very accurate and comfortable gun.
byways

Postby gunnutz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:53 am

Good for you! I just like the way my 380 shoots, its fun. I have ben shooting magtec that I get from sportsmans guide, I like brass cases, they run $8.90 for 50.
gunnutz

Postby Rawhide » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:53 pm

Im looking at a used Bersa 95 .380, which if my guess is correct is a similar model to this just not currently being produced. Anyone know this model and anything about its reliability.
Rawhide

Postby aaronrkelly » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:03 am

I have one of these jewels - great gun. I think its one of the best kept secrets of the gun industry.

Mines 100% reliable and shoots more accurately then Im capable off. I really like the adjustable sights....you just dont see that on small pistols.

The only downside I can think of is extra magazines are astronomically priced - $35 a piece. Wow....considering the gun is $200 thats too high. Your only other alternative is ProMags for $18 and they are junk.

Overall this is a great gun and would make a great carry piece on a budget.
aaronrkelly

Postby namara » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:28 pm

Glad you guys helped each other out on the jams. That is what this forum is all about. You still didnt sell me. Of course I have been informed that there is more than one flavor of ice cream too. THe copy of this firearm I had was NOT dependable at all. I would NOT risk my life on it.
namara

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols