>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:24 pm

I found a great website dealing with the Bersa line. I hadn't seen it before, maybe the rest of you had also missed it. It's worth a look:

http://www.bersapistols.com/home.aspx
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GlockRocker » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Here is an email that I sent Gun Directory. Let me know what you guys think. I'm trying to get them to run a battle test for small CCW pistols. I had to shorten it.

What if you ran a huge promotion on this site to gather funds and ideas to do a "CCW" field battle test? I'm sure enough people on here would donate $10 to help you guys purchase all of the widely used CCW pistols and out them to the test. An unbiased test.

I'd like to see the Beretta Tomcat, Bobcat, Seecamp, NAA Guardian and Mini, Kel Tecs, Ruger LCP, Bersa Conceal, AMT, Kahr PM9, Tuarus 25 series, Walther TPH and the Derrenger LM5 go head-to-head in a shoot test for reliability mainly, accuracy secondary, conceal ability, warranty, etc. I don't think this has ever been done.

I do marketing and graphic design and would help coordinate it for free (web banners, etc.). Every gun has good posts and bad posts related to it... but who really knows what's best?
GlockRocker

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:09 am

Hi Kevin,

Your idea sounds like a lot of fun but what you're suggesting is beyond the scope and capability of this forum. If you subscribe to any of the popular gun and ammo magazines, you'll find that it takes those writers and gun buffs months to get their hands on a single gun to do any comparison or performance tests on. I'm participating with another group right now and we're trying to raffle off 300 tickets @ $3.00 a piece. The prize is a three day custom designed course provided by Central Virginia Tactical. Everything is provided except weapon and ammo, it's a rifle course, minimum .223 AR. The purpose of my explanation is in response to your comment about everyone being willing to donate $10 bucks for your test. We've been trying to sell these tickets for months and can't even get the thousands of members to buy just one ticket at $3 bucks!!! All we've been trying to sell is 300 tickets total!! We're going to drop the number to 250 because it's taking so long. It's not as easy as you might think to get something like you suggested off the ground. It's very hard to get people to give up their hard earned money, even $3 dollars for a chance at a $2000 tactical course!! I like your idea but it would be extremely difficult for us to accomplish under our current capabilities. If we could get the number of manufacturers required to provide us the pistols needed to carry out the test you have suggested, I'm sure we'd have plenty of volunteer's willing to donate their time and talent!! Great idea Kevin but not something we can pull off.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm

I'll have to admit that when I would hear someone say that a gun needed a minimum of 200 rounds through it to break it in, I was a little skeptical to say the least.

I've had my Bersa 380 for over a year now, and it seems to get better at every trip to the shooting range. Of all the rounds through it, there hasn't been one flub up. This is as dependable a gun as I have, and I have some good ones. It feels good wearing it and I have all the confidence in the world with it ! ! ! Five more bullets for this great little gun.
keyman

Postby squint » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello.. I got my Bersa .380 CC a couple of months ago. I decided on the Bersa based on the positive comments here and other sites. Must say that I am impressed.

This Bersa CC seems to be a perfect jack of all trades gun. Small enough to carry well, respectable accuracy, comfortable to handle, proving to be reliable, and still fun to shoot.

The only thing that was questionable for me at first was the old cailiber debate. I was a 9mm fan and had a little trouble steping down to the .380. But now I am fine with it. I carry Hydra-Shok rounds for self defense. I am confident that a good self defense round with this reliable gun is enough for your average situtation.

I had a kel tec p11 that allowed me to keep the 9mm round and still carry nice... but... I was never able to trust its realiablility completely, it was less accurate in my hands, and no fun to shoot. I also had a full size Steyr M9-A1 that was sweet, but I never carried it due to its size.

With all that said.. I highly recommend the bersa CC.
squint

Postby keyman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Hey, squint....nice to hear good results from you concerning your pistol. Just keep on shooting it, and I assure you it will get better and better the more you shoot it.

The best advice I could give is to keep it clean. You can never go wrong doing that.

Mine just keep on doing better . . . five bullets for this great gun.

***4-29-08 Update*** I went to the range today to shoot a gun that I acquired last Saturday, but also took the little Bersa to put a few rounds through. Just 25, but they went through w/out a hitch. Just better each time . . .
keyman

Postby sailingwindward » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:53 am

The Bersa website claims the concealed carry models weight is 16.4 ounces, on this site it's 20 ounces.

Does anybody know the actual weight of this gun?
sailingwindward

Postby savedbymonkeys » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:24 pm

I just purchased the .380 nickel finish version of this pistol. I have weighed it on a food scale and here is what I got, and it may clear up the confusion. With a full clip (7 rounds) the .380 CC weighs 20 1/4 oz. With no clip it weighs 16 3/8 oz.
savedbymonkeys

Postby breez4u » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 am

Now that I have shot this 300 hundred times, I feel I can give it a rating. I can tell you I have never had a FTF or FTE. I find this gun to be comfortable to conceal in a left hand IWB on my backside. I can sit in a chair with comfort. To me this gun is very accurate and fun to shoot.

At first the safety bar was hard to move. Almost a two hand job. But after cleaning routinely, and lubing the safety bar, my thumb can move the safety with ease. This is my primary carry with confidence.

After 500 rounds will rate again..
breez4u

Postby rsreed3 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:56 am

Bought this gun 2 years ago when I first got my CHL. This is my primary carry weapon during the summer months as it is small, light, and easy to conceal. I have put a few 100 rounds throught it with out a single FTF or FTE. Reasonably accurate and comfortable to carry.
rsreed3

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols