>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gunnutz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 am

check with ray's holsters on the net, enjoy your bersa, i do mine!
gunnutz

Postby ConcealCarry » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:09 am

I really enjoy this gun. This is my daily CCW. I have 4 different holsters for this gun. It is very easy to handle. I feel that this gun is a great value when you compare it to a Walther PPK.
ConcealCarry

Postby hec250 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:32 pm

I just tried it out yesterday. Man it shoots good, shot 250 rounds with out any problems. I started carring it with me today and expect to carry it for a long time. Very dependable and comfortable .380!!! Bought the DeSantis pro stealth holster, Bersa looks and feels great in it. For those who have this awesome .380 keep on enjoying it and for those who don"t, run and buy one it's the best bargain in .380 cal. out there!!!!
hec250

Postby Jay1958 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 pm

I have owned the T380CC since October and I am very pleased with it. It is my primary carry gun. Over 600 rounds thru it so far with no problems at all. Accurate, small, manageable recoil, reliable - what's not to like? I like it so much I have also purchased a Bersa UC9.
Jay1958

Postby lzj22 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:34 pm

A co-worker and I each bought one of these guns in nickel for $289 @ GM. They are awsome. Lightweight, slim and accurate. We have not had any jams. Everyone liked these guns so much, two other co-workers bought one. Still no jams out of 4 guns and around 700 rounds. Desanti Pocket holsters for this gun let you carry in shorts. I carry this over my Glock 23, Taurus .357 snub and Springfield Micro Compact 1911.
lzj22

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:31 am

Can you tell me what types and kinds of ammunition you use for practice and when you carry it? It's important to describe all the particulars when discussing these lower cost semi autos. As you know, it's easy to find a reliable pistol when you spend a fortune but the less expensive guns are often more reliable when used with specific types of ammo. Let the forum know if you get a chance. I'd really appreciate it!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby hec250 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:47 pm

I use corbon DPX for self-defense and regular white box whinchester rounds from walmart for practice. This may be lower cost semi auto but trust me, my buddy went out and bought himself a walther ppk for about twice of what i paid for mine. After a nice day at the range he admitted that he liked how my bersa felt and performed way better than his walther ppk. So Tig if ur thinking of buying one, go for it besides if ur not satified ur not down 500 buck but more like 250 bucks. I know you will like this awesome little gun. Tig if you have any questions just post back and I will be glad to answer any questions or doubts you have.

Hec250
hec250

Postby Jay1958 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:44 am

My T380CC has fired everything I have fed it - both FMJ and HP - with the exception of a few fail-to-feeds with Fiocchi JHP rounds. Fiocchi FMJ does fine, as does Winchester SilverTips, S&B, Federal HydraShok, Magtech, WWB.
Jay1958

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:02 am

Great information! I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge with the rest of the forum. I feel it's vitally important and saves our members a lot of money when they can eliminate troublesome ammunition in the handguns they're trying to determine what's going to work best in their particular shooter. Thanks to all and keep the great information coming in!!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby brin2net » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:52 pm

I just bought my wife the Bersa thunder .380 because she couldn't handle the slide on the glock 9 MM we recently bought. I agreed to take it over, and agreed to buy her a gun of her choice. The local gun sales man handed her the bersa and it felt right, and she could handle the slide. We bought it. Picked it up yesterday, bought a box of 50 independance rounds and went to the range. I must say I loved it, I fired the first clip and she fired the next. She also loved it...... until it started jamming. It jammed 9 times between us and the gun salesman who brought in Winchester rounds to see if the ammo was the problem. It jammed constantly for him also. I was considering the Walther next for her, but after reading some of the other posts am somewhat hesitant. I was told to fire at least 200 rounds with the Bersa (to break it in) and if it still jams, he'll send it in for repair. Does anyone, or has anyone had any similar experience as I'm having ? My glock never jammed once. but after reading some of the postings, I don't know what to think. Is there a break in time for this particular pistol ? Lots of satisified customers, Maybe just my luck again.
brin2net

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols