>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby fire5069 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:21 am

Don't see a category for the Firestorm FS22 so I'll post here and see if anyone knows. I have the Thunder 380 (brand new)that is back to the factory after 3 rounds for feedramp issues and just bought a Firestorm FS22 yesterday. Shot it today and all CCI MiniMag empties were bulged around the base of the cases. What gives?
fire5069

Postby SanAntonioRocks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Why are the dimensions for the Thunder 380 CC version incorrect on this board? According to Bersa's catalog they are:

Length: 6"

Width: 1"

Height: 4.75"

Weight: 18.2 oz (unloaded)

Barrel Length: 3.25"

Anyway, I am buying a CC version this upcoming Tuesday (November 1st) and I am really excited!

I went to the range a week ago and had a chance to shoot the standard Thunder 380 (7 round mag). What an excellent shooter! I loved the feel, time back on target, trigger pull -- absolutely everything about that gun was awesome.

I decided to buy the CC version locally from a private party for $260.00. That one is brand spankin' new and only has 23 rounds through it! Found it on http:\\texasguntrader.com

Found it just in the nick of time for my CHL class on the 8th.

I hope that the narrower grip will still fit my hand nicely and that I am just as satisfied with this one as the one I shot last week...

I will let you know, one way or another.

Talk to you all soon....

SanAntonioRocks
SanAntonioRocks

Postby Retiredwheelgunner » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Picked up a Bersa Thunder .22LR last week.I was told they were a good value for the money and clean up real easy.I put a box of CCI subsonic thru it and it cycled well.I was told the gun digests any type of ammo. I will try some stingers next time.
Retiredwheelgunner

Postby Jumbie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm interested in the .32 version of this gun since that's the largest calibre I can legally own where I live.

Both the Bersa Argentina site and the US importer site have no listing for a .32 version of the Thunder.

I have seen posts and references around the internet, including Wikipedia, to show that a 32 Thunder exists.

Anyone know what the situation is and if the 32 is only now available used?

Also, was the Concealed Carry variant of the Thunder ever made in 32? The listing here shows that the CC is available in 32 and 22, but the Bersa site only shows the CC in 380.

Any info would be appreciated.
Jumbie

Postby Secret2Be » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey SanAntonioRocks...I think the Bersa numbers you posted are correct. I've weighed my 380CC and what you have listed is exactly what I found to be the case.

This gun is great for a CCW item...extremely reliable since I got through the break in period.

For those looking to get an additional mag...Midway says they have them in stock...kinda pricey (33.99+shipping) but I have one coming from them.
Secret2Be

Postby JmzGaming » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 am

The Bersa Thunder 380CC is , in my opinion, one of the best overall pistols on the market in terms of value, POU, functionality. It's under $300, small enough for conceal carry and even pocket carry. It can be used as a home defense handgun since I think the purpose of a home defense handgun is to get to your shotgun/rifle and used as a back up. It's reliable, accurate and easy to shoot. Excellent grip for a small conceal carry sized pistol, it feels great in my hand. Offers a thumb safety, 8+1 capacity. Excellent pistol!
JmzGaming

Postby AZBaron » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Just purchased the .22LR version of this pistol. I have only six words that express my reaction after 400 rds: love it, love it, love it. Fits my hand well, balance is very good. I have found I can shoot it well even one-handed. It doesn't like cheap, dirty ammo; but does fine with Remington, CCI mini-mags & stingers. Don't expect target pistol accuracy with this little guy, but a 2" group at 7 yds is very do-able which will serve well enough in a self-defense scenario (tactical accuracy). I would expect the same from the .380.

Given the debate over calibers for ccw, the .22LR version of this pistol some may consider too small for self-defense, nevertheless it makes an excellent training/practice platform if one wants to carry its larger caliber sibling, the .380. Both are equivalent in size and weight, the difference is in the number of rds the mag holds and the size of the bullet.
AZBaron

Postby LevelCross » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am

Just purchased this .380 CC gun for the wife, we went to the range after a quick cleaning and ran 200 rounds through it at a leisurely pace. I have to say I love it, not a single FTF or FTE. The wife loves the small size and smooth frame, easy for her to handle, reload, break down and clean..yes she has to clean her carry gun LOL. I just have to say that after this experience with hers I am thinking about picking up another one for my collection as well. Great little gun, my 78 year old Aunt even liked it after a trip to the range.
LevelCross

Postby lilyfactor » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 am

I have shot plenty from my Bersa Thunder .380 cc. I have shot different ammo also. I have shot Tulammo, Winchester White Box, Remington, and PMC bronze through it. I have no problems with any of the ammo. I have never had a FTF or FTE. Now I am a southpaw and I have noticed depending on my ammo (mostly PMC and Winchester) that my shot is about 3 inches low. This is not the first I have heard of this but it is the only downfall I have to this gun, otherwise good solid gun
lilyfactor

Postby santino55 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 am

found the bersa cc mags at there site...$26.95 8+1 flat bottom...
santino55

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols