>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Llama Minimax Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby franke1951 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

My chrome MiniMax shoots 3 feet low at 15 feet and the rear sight is staked so I am having a problem replacing it with a taller one.

The extended slide release broke off, but no problem, I just dremeled it smooth.

Once I started using Chip McCormick mags, it will feed and eject anything I shoot in it even light cast SWCs.

I love it. I just wish I could get a taller rear sight in it without breaking the bank
franke1951

Postby USMC66 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:43 am

Have you considered filing the front sight down? It will give you the same effect as a taller rear sight. Just take it to the range when you have some time for TLC and go slow on the filing. It will bring your groups up.
USMC66

Postby franke1951 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:14 am

The front sight is so short. that there would be nothing left if I filed it down. when shooting it I hold the sight so high that it is completely above the rear notch.

Anyway, it will have to wait a while as I just purchased a Springfield Range Officer an am anxious to get to the range and start hitting some bullzeyes
franke1951

Previous

Return to Pistols