>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby 2protect » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:19 pm

The last time I spoke with someone from Alabama, he blamed me for the emancipation of our brothers and sisters back in 1863. At first I thought this guy was just trying dark and inappropriate levity, but as I looked into his dull dimwitted eyes, I could see the dark ignorant evil that was.

Ralph, here in the USA its ok for someone to babel off at mouth because they just dont get the concept of objective opinion. Its not your fault, although I really dont understand how difficult life could be with only a sixth grade education, I empathize with you and your misery. Please read over your replies prior to posting. Your ignorant rants just make you sound like the stereotypical backwoods, inbreed, corn feed, momma loving(in the biblical sense), hick you might or might not be.

Now, if you ever man up and actually fire a 12oz 9mm more then a dozen times, you would agree it sucks. 25 feet is not that great of a distance. Also, here in the north we do get tested for concealed carry. Unlike where you might be from, being intimate with your cousin Billy bob the town clerk will not get you a permi
2protect

Postby ralphy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:43 am

better get out the dictionary before you use the real big words 2protect..........maybe you should MAN up and shoot something a little bigger than a 9mm ladies gun you wusssss
ralphy

Postby lakeariel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:45 pm

lakeariel

Postby 2protect » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:57 pm

Minimum distance at my range was 25 feet. I was planning on trying 25, 30, 35 but since the spread at 25 wasnt that great I figured Id better stay close until I got used to the gun. Now, the inaccurate grouping could have just been me, so I was hoping to get more range time. What I really wanted to mention was the easy tear down and the flawless mechanics of this pistol. Smaller pistols sometimes dont function as well as advertised. Dont get me going on my AMT .380. During cleaning of the pf9, I found what looked like a chunk of material missing from the frame. I wasnt sure so I sent it back to the factory. I figured I d have them check out the accuracy as well. Ill keep you posted with what they say.. So far I think the pf9 is a nice little carry firearm, even if Ralphy is an inbreed hick..
2protect

Postby archer117 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:43 pm

Just picked up the PF9 and ran about 100 rounds through it this morning. I had no malfunctions and accuracy was more than acceptable at a variety of distances on the range. Sights required no adjustment, and I was able to score hits on 96% of my shots, using both hands, strong side, and weak side only. I would easily have qualified on a police course of fire with this weapon. This gun is extremely compact and easy to carry concealed due its minimal width. Ive carried the Glock 27 and its nice not to have to wear oversized pants to wear an in-the-pants holster with this gun. On the down side, the gun is not very comfortable in the hand, and its light weight absorbs very little of the recoil from the 9mm round. The trigger rubbed right through the skin on the right side of my index finger after about 60 rounds. The slide release cannot be operated with the thumb of the right hand by itself, but must be assisted by the left hand, or the slide must be racked. This seemed a trivial inconvenience as I dont intend to carry spare mags around with this weapon. All in all, this weapon is perfect for its intended use: concealed carry. If you want to spend a day at the range practicing marksmanship, this would not be the gun for you. I picked this gun up for about $250 new, and paid about $25 for a DeSantis holster. For the price, you absolutely cant go wrong. I wouldnt even think about a Kahr at three times the price.
archer117

Postby CON-T » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:02 pm

2protect, its gettin funky in here! whats up with all the racial stuff? i read a couple of your comments to ralphy. we all bleed red...as for your comment about your amt .380, ive had one for over 15 years and ive got to say, ive never, ever had a malfunction. i like big caliber guns too. ive got two ruger .45s. p345 and p90.i love them both. tough, well built and accurate...by the way, im from waterbury...
CON-T

Postby lakeariel » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:19 pm

lakeariel

Postby Infidel » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:00 pm

The PF-9 is a good gun and a great gun if you factor in the price. I put 100 rounds thru it when it was 20 degrees Fahrenheit at the range. Toward the end of the session I could not feel my fingers to load the clip. I used two different types of ammo with out any FTF or FTE.

I have been looking for a CC gun for some time and just did not want a .380 caliber. This 9 mm is as small as most .380s I considered but has adequate stopping power (especially if you use +P). As well, 9 mm seems to be cheaper than .380 at all the retailers I looked at.

The gun is great for what it was designed for (conceal carry). It is not a target pistol by any means. I am less than an average shot and can keep all the rounds in the black on a silhouette target at 7 yards. The recoil is snappy but quite manageable.

The price kept the little misses whining to a minimum. Thanks to Kel-Tec for making a great CC gun for a reasonable price.
Infidel

Postby emtself » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:00 am

hello.// fellow gun owner of Kel-Tec PF-9// I have been trying to purchase one these pf-9 for about 2 months now.. my local gun dealer is one of the largest in ky. has the pf-11 but not the pf-9/// they said been back order for months??? he said at christmas he could have sold over 50 of these if had them in stock... does anyone know when or where these 9mm will be in stock??????????? thanks emtself
emtself

Postby lawdogyates » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 pm

Im looking into getting a PF9. What holsters do you use? Im looking for a hip holster and most of all a ankle holster from uncle mikes. But what size holster do I get. I plan on having this on me at all times and well just let me know about every holster you can find for the PF9. Thanks
lawdogyates

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols