>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Rec_Shooter » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:08 pm

I went to the store to buy a P3AT and walked out with the PF9. So far I like it. 200 rounds down with no issues, All winchester white box. Once I get about 4-5 hundred through it Ill have a more developed opinion, but so far so good. The recoil is not too bad if you go in knowing its a light weight 9mm. I found it more comfortable then the kahr

Zero holsters available for it. http://www.candsweapons.com/ is planning on having holsters (kydex) available for it in the next couple weeks. If you stop by (Phoenix Area) they will make you one while you wait.

I have carried it mexican style around the house and like the weight and profile.

lawdogyates - I based the purchase of a uncle mikes IWB size 1 holster off chat board info about the P11. Should work well for the P9 as well

I purchased another Kel-tec based on my expierence with my P32 which is with me as much as my wallett and has been totally reliable over 2 years and approx 600 rounds. Kel-tec seems to have a great balance between Quality and Cost.
Rec_Shooter

Postby ANTI-XD » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:19 pm

WHERE TO BUY A PF9 if your have a good gun store you like shoping at ask him if he can buy firearms from Zanders sporting goods you go can go to http://Gzanders.com and look and see is they have what you want in stock to just go to the customers sections
ANTI-XD

Postby OFC1676 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:46 pm

I am a new cop looking into a good compact weapon for off-duty carry... Besides the factor of sizes, how dose this weapon handle? and is it easily field stripped?? Thanks for the help
OFC1676

Postby Rec_Shooter » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:33 pm

OFC1676 - It field strips very easily. Lock the slide back, use a 9mm case rim to pull out the Assembly pin and it comes apart like most other semis Slide slides off the front.

Handling - This is just my impression. It is very (very) snappy in the hand but controllable, and best rapid fire would be inder 15 feet. For aimed fire at further distances the sights are pretty diminutive. But I do like mine a lot so far.

My primary reason for this particular gun was the metal clip carry method as I live in AZ and it gets a bit hot here (115 and up for about 2.5 months straight) If you plan to carry with a IWB holster, my opinion would be there are better choices. Either the Glock 23 size or Springfield compact series. Opinon only, Happy shopping
Rec_Shooter

Postby 2protect » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm

Well after 6+ weeks I finally got my pf9 back from Kel-tec. I should mention the long delay was partially because of poor timing on my part. It seems the Kel-tec factory shuts down for two weeks around Christmas. Also, it took almost two weeks for the dealer to send it out. Anyhow, the last post I put out mentioned a chunk of material missing from the frame forward of the hammer. This is not normal, Kel-tec had to replace the whole frame. Kudos to Kel-tec for fixing up my PF9 no questions ask. Although I really would like to know how it happened. Was it a defect to look out for or just a fluke?

I also mentioned accuracy seemed to be an issue for this little gun. Unfortunately the range was closed last weekend so I have not gotten a chance to do any shooting since I got it back. I did notice some rear sight mods, looks like Kel-tec added a shim and tweaked it to the left a little.

Ill wait until I get to the range before I make my final conclusions..

DeSantis N87 MA is a small belt clip holster that fits the PF-9 very nice..
2protect

Postby ANTI-XD » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:20 am

For an off duty weapon I would choose something that was the same caliber to the weapon I use on duty for the simple fact you will get more use to the wait and caliber not to mention accuracy of the shell, which leads me to another point if your one of the agencies that use the glock 22 I would go with a 23 or 27 the 27 is super compact weapon that gives you several 40 caliber bullets, although I belvie in 45s given the choice
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:21 am

weight * sorry about the typos
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:57 pm

hey I was wondering if any cheap mags from another gun will work in this little gun ?
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 pm

I was thinking about this gun seeing how well a p32 I had the pleasure of fireing worked I was wondering how much bigger the pf-9 was than the p32 ?
ANTI-XD

Postby NWguy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:18 am

If I were cheap, I would replace my P3-AT with this. But I'm gonna spend an extra $100 and get a Kahr CW9 instead.
NWguy

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols