>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Postby GlockRocker » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:41 am

I heard from a small arms dealert hat cops were buying these for off-duty carry. Why would they chose this over a glock, or springfield?

-GlockRocker
GlockRocker

Postby Idahoser » Fri May 05, 2006 4:01 pm

glockrocker rates it a 1 because "why would they choose it""? Has he even held one? What purpose does it server to do this? Im negating his 1 with my 5, simply to give actual ratings an even footing. I havent held one yet either, but I want to! "
Idahoser

Postby lakeariel » Mon May 15, 2006 8:14 pm

GlockRocker - the reason is size. I carry their .380 24/7 never without it. If this new PF9 is anything like what Ive got Ill own it because regardless of all else "if its not in your pocket its useless"" I hope its a good one. "
lakeariel

Postby gbuddyjoe » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm

I cant wait to get my hands on this little beauty, my Insight X2 Laser will go nicely with it.
gbuddyjoe

Postby mjs020294 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:49 am

GlockRocker - It is really simple, cops are buying this gun because it is a lot smaller than any Glock. The 9mm in your pocket is more use than the one you left at home because it is too big to conceal. Surely you can comprehend that concept, unless you are a really special kind of stupid.
mjs020294

Postby creamandcrimson » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:57 am

When in the hell are these things supposed to be released? I have heard something different from just about everyone. I cant wait to get one of these suckers!
creamandcrimson

Postby GlockRocker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 pm

mj and Lake... im quite aware that these guns are smaller. Im also aware of the many problems and malfinctions that they have produced in such a short period of time and on a pretty consistent basis.

I heard from one guy (he sold Kel-Tecs) that he recomended not carrying the gun or counting on it to save your life. A pocket full of gun doesnt mean anything if it doesnt fire when you pull the trigger.

My life is worth more than a Kel-Tec is all im saying. This dealer shared my same thoughts after 3 of his customers brought theres back in with a month of buying them becuase of problems.

Just my thoughts.

-GR
GlockRocker

Postby guner » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 pm

I HAD MY KT9 FOR 2 YRS,IS A GREAT GUN,I GOT IT USED,NEVER HAD A PROBLEM,IT HAS A LOT OF KICK TO IT !
guner

Postby 2protect » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:46 pm

Just got the kel-tec pf9. Really rough on the hand. Light weight makes it that way. Couldnt get a consistent group under 10 at 25 feet. Windage adjustable but need to get shims for elevation. Fired through 100 rounds without any problems. Cleaning was really nice and easy. Not very impressed with machining on barrel, but looks like I could clean and polish it up easily. Very Very concealable, nice to have a real 9mm and still be able to hide it just about anywhere.

Next time I go to the range Ill try some Kurts rounds through it, Less kick more fun..
2protect

Postby ralphy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:43 pm

2protect.....rough on the hand??? maybe your wife would let you use some of her oil of olay.....its a 9mm you puss be a man .....as far as your groups go...its a short range back up weapon....your not gonna hunt deer with it.......geeeeezzzzz, some states should give IQ tests before issue of concealed weapons permits!
ralphy

Next

Return to Pistols