>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Kel-Tec PF-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby highplainsman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Another thirty rounds of WW white box ball. Running like a sewing machine! Have got a couple mags on order from KT. When they get here will run our Qualification course and will revue again.
highplainsman

Postby Missionx5 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm

After getting my pf9 back from Keltec I it was worse off than before I sent it in. Needless to say they have it again. My confidence in keltec is lacking to say the least. Customer service informed me that if they determine it a "bad gun" they will either exchange it for a new one or work out a refund. I really like the concept of the weapon and don't want to give up on it but I have to do what I have to do. I've already spent a considerable amount of money trying to work it all out (ammo). I'll repost when I find out what is going to happen. So far Customer service is eager to make it right.
Missionx5

Postby saylurman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Missionx5, you have never mentioned what problems you were having. They recomend brass shells and to stear clear of 147g ammo, but that is about it. Mjne seems to shoot and digest everything I throw at it. Sorry to hear of your problems.
saylurman

Postby Missionx5 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:35 pm

All Brass, 115g only, no plus p, no hp. FTFire mostly, FTE.
Missionx5

Postby highplainsman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

Mine has been troublefree since I added the bit of loc-tite to the extractor screw. Winchester 124gr. +ps did not work well and had severe recoil so I went back to 147gr,pdxs which do very well. Sorry to hear your having so much trouble with yours.
highplainsman

Postby Bigsteve » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 am

Saw a used one at the shooting range for $230, so I thought I'd try it. Of the 20 rounds the range gave me, 4 failed to fire on the first try. I didn't think to ask what brand of ammo they use, but my guess is it was a high quality, because it was what they use for their rental guns. In any case, when it failed to fire, I could not pull the trigger and try again; I had to rack the slide and eject the failed round. Is there some other way to re-cock the hammer? From what I saw, either the gun I tried had a serious problem, or they are striker fire, not DAO.
Bigsteve

Postby highplainsman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Indeed you do have to retract the slide about a quarter of an inch to recock. The striker is I believe made of ultra-lite weight metal so that a weapon dropped on the muzzle will not fire. Some lots of ammo have extra hard primers and this was likley the problem with the range gun. Some of the first I fired showed the primers barely indented tho they fired. As I recollect this was white box Winchester. My carry ammo shows a nice deep indention on fired primers so one must be really sure and test your carry ammo as we always should anyway!
highplainsman

Postby Missionx5 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm

I received my pf9 back from keltec for the second time today. I looked at the work order and they did less of the same as they did the first time. Have yet to put it to the test. I'll keep all posted.
Missionx5

Postby highplainsman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Oops! Just looking at my last post. Must have been asleep as I was confusing two recent purchases. A Kahr on one hand and Kel-Tec on the other. The PF9 is not striker fired!!!
highplainsman

Postby Missionx5 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

After receiving my weapon back for the 2nd time I ran 50 rounds through today, one failure to load. So that is my update. Side note-I did contact KT and let them know that the mag I recieved back with my weapon was not mine, mine had the grip ext on it. They said they probly had many guns on the table and someone just put the wrong one back in. Okay, I don't need to comment on that. They are sending me a grip ext. Based on MY overall experience dealing with Keltec I am not going to give them a rating.
Missionx5

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols