>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point 40/45 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby rhino1121 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 am

I have owned my Hi-Point 45 for over three years now, it is my everyday carry weapon. I own everything from a 1911 colt to a variety of H&K and glocks. Out the box with no adjustment the Hi-Point is a no fail straight shooting monster. It has never failed me in any condition, and now after 3500 rounds it is still dead center every time I fire it. Even my wife who if 5ft 120lbs has one has her carry fire arm. Since buying my first one I have bought three more, and 40, and a 380 everyone is winner, when I have talked to people about the hi-point brand at first they are scepitical. Once they have fired one of mine they become convinced especialy once they are told of the warranty of any hi-point fire arm. We now also own two of the 45 carbines, one each of the 9mm, 40 S.W. They are as good as any comparable carbine I have ever fired or owned. For my money nothing compares to the knoc down of a 230 grain hollow point. It is able penatrate the block of most vehicles out there is you need to stop one, also any contact will put the biggest man down.
rhino1121

Postby Saiga12 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:27 pm

OMG!

It's true!

The .45 jammed (FTF)... once in in the last 400 rounds.

That makes 3 FTF's 3 in 1700 rounds. Have only cleand what is accessable with Q tips, bore brush/swag and rag. Zero disassembly except for magazine.

Incidently, one mag has carried all 1700 rounds to the chamber ..except for those thre FTF's.

The shame and anger cannot be described. I guess I'll treat like the Supremes (as in white) did on their Dolts Made Simple video's and maybe then ... burn it in the end like that Scot/Brit 'firearms expert' did on his video.

:<)

In all honesty a friend of mine has a Colt (long action/bbl) that shoots noticeably better in the 7 to 25 yard zone ...consistently.However, from 30 to 70 yards the Hi-Point rules. In either case, both guns will hammer the Man sized targets kill zones on demand.
Saiga12

Postby jrs200 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:57 am

This gun is great. Sure it is heavy. I shot 5 boxes of various shells through the gun. Not one jam. My Ruger jammed once. I think the people who gave this gun a bad review doesn't even have one. Or has never fired one. The weight actually help you stay on target less recoil not bad for a 45. I can rapid fire the clip and every shot a kill shot. I bought the model with the laser. Very acurate and yes I would bet my life on this gun. But as always if I have a chance to grab any gun it would be my 12 gauge 00 buck. The Hi Point would be my second choice. This baby is really loud. So even if you do miss you'll scare the %^&^%& out of them.

You won't be sorry for buying one. And if it gets stolen you won't cry as much as you would if it was a $700 gun.
jrs200

Postby smokinjoetex » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:09 am

well ,i have run about a thousand rounds through my hp45!!!!I have not had a single problem with the gun,no ftf or fte!I have run all types of ammo through it.I did a complete breakdown at 250 rds and gave it a thorough cleaning, and did it ever need it.gave it another at 500 rds but it wasn't near as dirty as the first time so i think a lot of the gunk was from the factory!!so far so good !!!
smokinjoetex

Postby pitweight68 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:35 pm

i own the .380 and .40 cal in hi point. i also own a walther p99. the hi points do their job every time the trigger is pulled. love these guns for the price and they perform as designed. the wife can keep the walther, the hi point belong to me!!!
pitweight68

i own the .380 and .40 cal in hi point. i also own a walther p99. the hi points do their job every time the trigger is pulled. love these guns for the price and they perform as designed. the wife can keep the walther, the hi point belong to me!!!
pitweight68

pitweight68

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm

its o.k for a cheap gun,i don,t know that i,d bet my life on a highpoint,if you can afford a higher quality gun i would do it,your life may depend on it..if you can,t god bless you
ulgydog56

Postby dragonsryche » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I got my hp jhp 45 it was the first and only one in the gun store and and it was cheap at a 185 dollars but it is ugly but I thought why not I have S&W ctg 38 special and a star fire 9mm the high point caught my eye cause it was way different and at any price it's a great hand gun easy to shoot and hit were you aim I have heard people say they had problems with them I have never had a problem with mine I have 5 clips and I use hallow points never had mine jam I take mine when I go wild bore hunting I trust my hp 45 with my life it may be ugly and heavy but it shoots strait and is reliable and I love the life time warranty you can't beat it gun stores want you to buy higher priced weapons but they don't shoot any better than a high point so why waste your money ask yourself this would you stand on the ground facing down a wild bore with anything else than a high point I wouldn't I want to make sure I'm walking out in one piece and with that bore in toe
dragonsryche

Postby Cutter610 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:18 pm

I just bought a Hipoint 40 sw and a .380 for the wife I have gone through 100 rounds in each gun and had only one jam on the .380 I love the both of them. As far as being heavy I like the size I need a big gun to fit my big hands and both are dead on. Looking to get the 9mm and the 45 next and as they say how can you go wrong with a lifetime warranty.
Cutter610

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols