>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point C-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby leewsee » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 pm

i'm thinking of buying a c9 and would like to here from anyone who has a compensator equiped model. does the compensator reduce recoil? mind you, a woman ( my wife) will have to handle this weapon. thank you
leewsee

Postby Marinerfh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm

To leewsee re CP Compensated

The major difference from the C-9 or C-9 Compact is that it has a specially designed "compensator" attached to the end of the barrel. The compensator works by forcing some of the hot gases, escaping behind the bullet, to go upward through specially drilled holes in the top of the compensator. The escaping gases push the end of the gun downward; helping to eliminate some of the upward motion caused by the natural recoil of the gun. The Compensator has also been machined on the underside to accept laser sights, or "tactical lights" for better target identification in a self defense, or tactical situation.

Another difference between the C-9 and C-9 Comp. is the barrel length. Its 4" barrel is 1/2" longer than its sister weapon's providing for better accuracy and balance. The compensator and extra bulk also increase the weight. Weighing in at 35 oz., it is fully 10 oz. heavier than the new model, and 6 oz. heavier than the older model of the C-9 Compact.
Marinerfh

Postby leewsee » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am

thank you for your response marinerfh. i didn't consider the added wt. of the compensator which makes an already large gun even heavier and bulkier. is the comp really so effective that i can accept the wt. and size penalty? anybody shoot a c9 comp and can offer an opinion?
leewsee

Postby PhantomII » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Leewsee,

The C9 Compact does work, but is it worth the extra weight? I would not think so, you will also get much more muzzle blast that makes it noisier. My Brother-In-Law has the C9 Comp and just removed the device and noticed the muzzle blast was a lot less and he is still able to control the pistol just as well, a little more muzzle flip, but not enough to worry about.

I would not go for the compensator model myself. The increased muzzle blast will make a person develop a 'flinch' faster than the muzzle flip! Just my opinion...

~PhantomII
PhantomII

Postby PhantomII » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Leewsee,

I base my judgement and opinion on my ownership of the CF380, the C9, the .40S&W and the 995 Carbine. All are good pistols and give great value for your shooting dollar!

~PhantomII
PhantomII

Postby leewsee » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:08 pm

thank you all for your valuable input. i think i will go for the basic c9. again, thank you
leewsee

Postby roncodrummer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Leewsee,

You won't regret it. It's one of my favorites
roncodrummer

Postby samuellee60 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Bought another Hi Point C-9. I love this little pistol. Paid $143 NIB for it out the door. Fired 50 rounds of Winchester NATO and not a single jam or hangup. I really enjoy this firearm.

Recoil is not that bad, considering the weight of the pistol. It's always a blast to shoot and I'm looking to purchase the .380 soon.

This is a great truck gun. You can throw this pistol around and not really take care of it and it will be allright. HP doesn't even recommend you take the firearm apart for thorough cleaning until 1500-2000 rounds through it.

There are much better, prettier looking guns on the market, but I am convinced my Hi Point is just as reliable as my S&W Airweight.
samuellee60

Postby Will_Carry » Mon May 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi-Point has slowly gained acceptance, in the shooting community, as an affordable fire arm. They used to get trashed by everyone and his brother. Now they have videos about how tough they are. I bought the 9mm carbine and the dang thing is a blast to shoot and it has never failed to go bang. I have shoot the C-9 and I could not tell that it was a $150 pistol.
Will_Carry

Postby ehfudd » Tue May 31, 2011 3:39 pm

have c9 and no complaints. gets the job done.might not be as cute as others,but it aint looks that stop the BG.
ehfudd

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols