>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Hi-Point C-9 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby P-3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 pm

You can go to Wal Mart and pickup a bicycle inner tube for around $3.00. Cut the tube to fit the grip. Trim with an exacto knife and you have a non slip grip for a fraction of the cost.
P-3

Postby Marinerfh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 am

P-3. Bike inner tube? Interesting. Any recommended tube size? I have small hands for a 6'1" man, so I like the factory grips.

BTW, some have asked about finding 10 round magazines. Go to hi-point.net and order directly from Hi-Point. I paid $18.00 each for 2 magazines, including tax and shipping. Ordered on a Thursday, Monday was a holiday, and the magazines were in my mailbox the following Friday. I also bought a holster on the same order.
Marinerfh

Postby cahjr » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:31 pm

Just bougt this for my wife. She is a non shooter. 50 rounds and she kept a pattern that fits the middle of a paper plate at 15 yrds. No problems what so ever.

Is there a way you can adjust the trigger pull on this model. Thanks

cahjr
cahjr

Postby Marinerfh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 pm

I don't know about the trigger pull, but Hi-Point does. You can call technical support 7am till 5pm EST Monday thru Thursday and 7am till 11am EST Friday. The toll-free number is 1-866-948-4867.

There is also a lot of good info on Hi-Point Forums. http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/
Marinerfh

Postby Wasga » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:25 pm

I had purchased a C9-Comp about 9 years ago at the local hardware store. The pistol was definatly a reliable gun. I shot, on average, 250-500 rounds through it every weekend throughout the summer. I never had problems with ftf or jams, but after about 5k rounds the slide busted in half. It was definatly a scarry moment. The round fired and the slide broke when chambering the next round. The gun was about a year old at that point. I contacted the local dealer and he sent it in for repair. They sent it back looking, and shooting like a new gun. They also threw in a spare mag for the trouble. I went on shooting the gun for another 5k rounds before I sold it to a friend. I now own Colts, Kimbers, and Rugers, but I am thinking of getting another HP for a range gun.

Price: 5

Quality: 4

Accuracy: 5
Wasga

Postby 1ofEA » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:52 am

A bit off topic but...a while ago I posted for opinions on the Hi-Point 9mm carbine...

(see: http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gi ... &gun=Rifle )

Anybody try one of these and are they worth it for 9mm plinking?

Thanks!
1ofEA

Postby waj30 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 pm

I've purchased the C9 and the 995TS Carbine.I've shot about 100 rds with the C9 with no problems.The only thing I didn't like was the shape of the trigger.Doesn't agree with my finger.LOL. I asked around the HP site and their were a few options.Bushman Parts makes a trigger for the the 995ts that will work in the C9 with a few mods.Nice trigger.As for the 995TS I love it for plinkin.No problems shootin.I put the red dot BSA on it and it works great. Two guns one ammunition life is good !
waj30

Postby theswabbie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 am

My wife FINALLY asked me to buy her a handgun. She was a bit nervous of my S&W Model 19 .357 magnum for home defense. She said if she had wanted to use Artillery she would have joined the Marines.. :) SO.. with her transformation to "Redneck Wife" now complete we go to a local gunstore. My sister in law not to be outdone also wanted a handgun too.. We looked them over.. She decided on the highpoint .380 (got one for the sister in law as well).. I saw the price on the 9MM ($129) so I what the heck. Not bad prices for new guns..

We got home and went out to the back of the property and we put a few rounds through both of them. NOT one jam either weapon. Thats now been almost a year.. I cant recall ANY jams either with mine hunting or target practice.. or hers.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact you cant break them down like a M1911A1 I used in the Military or the fact that they are very heavy.. Just gotta wear a belt when you put them on your side. Otherwise.. They go BANG BANG BANG when you pull the trigger and they are reasonably priced. I believe the company has raised its quality standards over the years.. they are NOT like they use to be. As with some people reporting problems, every manufacturer has those.. but they DO stand behind the product. SO.. you balance out ALL those factors and I give it a solid B overall.

Look, they aren't Glocks.. dont pretend to be... but they serve a good purpose and fill a niche. Happy Shooting! ...
theswabbie

Postby drjavelina » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:55 am

I sent my C9 in for warranty work on the jamming and double feeding problems. The work was perfect. There was some problem with springs that needed to be replaced. Hi-Point included 2 new magazines just to say sorry for the problems I was having. The gun now shoots fantastic, no problems at all. I am impressed with the Hi-Points warranty and their service. I had my gun back in 7 days.
drjavelina

Postby NORMSHERMAN » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 am

I PUT THE HOGUE HANDALL SLIP ON GRIPS. THEY HAVE FINGER GROOVES BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET THE HAMDALL JR. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO CUT A LITTLE BUT FOR THE PRICE YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM. I BELIEVE THE PART # IS 1500
NORMSHERMAN

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols