>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

HK Heckler and Koch USP Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby g4l » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:00 am

Hey Spine69, I'm curious about the HK Compact myself, you mentioned the Sig 229, all I can say is its in a class of its own! Its the one gun that my buddy owns that I'd like to take home with me. I'm a big Glock guy and I understand the safety issue, and it does take a while to get used to. Glocks tend to have a snappier recoil than other guns, my .40 & .45 have treated me well with thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions. While I can't help you on the HK I can say Glocks are great and hey, don't tell anyone I said this, but the Sig229, WOW, you won't be disappointed, worth every penny and more.
g4l

Postby Cajungator » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:42 am

Spine69--I've carried both Glock & HK and personally prefer the HK...After leaving the military I was used to having a sidearm with and safety and decocker which is why I originally carried a full sized USP 40, went to midshift and switched to a Glock 22, recently changed back to HK but this time with a USP 40 Compact...Personally I prefer the HK and think they are more trust worthy, and am alreday use to the safety features...You should decide what the purpose the sidearm will be...It all boils down to personal preference and most importantly what YOU are the most comfortable carrying...I've never owned a SIG but have known several officers that have had malfunctions with them...As far as hard to conceal......any compact is concealable just depends on where you intend on putting it, I carry a Kimber TacPro II off duty and it's a tad bit bigger than my USP Compact but I'm used to carrying it...As far as the USP Compact being top heavy, your correct...Most will not feel that much difference in recoil unless paying attention to it (Not sure that made sense)...Take the time to test one if you can, You will not be disappointed...I've been in law enforcement for 14yrs and when it comes to my sidearm, I don't fudge when it comes to price, I want something I'm comfortable with and something I know I can count on....for me, you can't beat any HK for that...Good luck on deciding.
Cajungator

Postby SPINE69 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:49 am

Kuma and Cajungator: Thank you for your responses. I am ordering the HK usp compact. The only thing that changed was the caliber. I am ordering it in .40. The safety issue weighs heavily on my mind and therefore the only way I will be most comfortable is with the HK. I will let you know what I think of it after shooting. I will hopefully get it tomorrow. Good thing I have my concealed carry, I do not have to weight 5 days. Then off to the range tomorrow night to shoot. Again, thanks for all your help.
SPINE69

Postby SPINE69 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Went to the range today with my new usp compact 40. Shot 100 rounds and all I can say is WOW. Right out of the box the gun was amazing. Recoil is minimal and accuracy was awsome. I am so glad that i got the 40 instead of the 9. I was able to get a LE package which included night sights and three high capacity mags for only $795. I would recommend this gun to everyone. You will not be disappointed.
SPINE69

Postby SPINE69 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:37 pm

By the way, if I had to rate this gun out of 5, I would give it a 10. No questions asked
SPINE69

Postby Weapons » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:32 pm

From what im hearing and from the design of the HK

ive got to get my hands on it.

i like the look and that it can hold 12 .45 rounds.

im also interested in the Beretta Storm and that P229 SiG.

and this would be my first time ever purchasing a gun.

im going to go with the HK USP Standart.
Weapons

Postby SPINE69 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Got a question for some of you more experienced shooters. I recently purchased a hk usp compact 40. Have shot about 300 rounds in the last two or so weeks since getting the gun. While cleaning, i noticed that some of the bluing on the inside of the slide where the barrel "rubs" against while moving back has started to come off. I called HK and they told me that it was normal, I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. Thanks in advance for your replies
SPINE69

Postby Cajungator » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:19 pm

SPINE69...I would agree with the H&K represenative, any firearm that is blued and has had several hundred rounds put through it will affect certain areas of blue...I recently purchased a Winchester 1890 manufactured in 1906 and it has about 60-70% blue left, most missing from the outside...Point is that it's nothing to worry about, it will not affect the operation of the weapon...
Cajungator

Postby smakwaterjack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:10 pm

looking at getting the HK 40 cal. usp. it sounds like an excellent handgun by the sounds of it. can anyone suggest a good round to shoot.
smakwaterjack

Postby H-7 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:18 pm

speer gold dots are pretty good and reasonable price. pretty much any brass as long as its clean looking wouldn't be to bad. depends what you want to spend on ammo.
H-7

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols