>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 26 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby g4l » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:44 am

You will feel a difference, the .40 is a more powerful round. Also the G26 & G27's are sub-compact compared to Your compact G19, so there will be a bit more felt recoil in a smaller framed gun. Personally I think You'd be better staying with the G19 frame unless You really need the extra concealment of a sub compact model.
g4l

Postby kmm7624 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi, I just bought this gun recently as my first gun ever and have fallen in love with it. To tell the truth, I loved it before I bought it. I'm a petite woman (about 5'2) so I am scared of "big" guns. The only gun I have shot before this one was 5 rounds with a revolver. This gun fits my hand perfectly, especially with the pinky extension which is easily installed. I was a little afraid of how the recoil would be, but it's not that bad. My boyfriend shoots it with barely any recoil at all. I have put roughly 80 rounds through it so far with no trouble at all, and I use the cheap Blazer ammo from Wal-Mart. I would definitely recommend this gun to any woman or man. My boyfriend got the Glock 27 (.40), and it's the same size as mine. He said his kicks a little more for him than mine does. Probably as much as mine kicks for me. So, there is a little difference with the recoil. Also, there is a .22LR conversion kit for more fun with cheaper ammo using the same gun. I am definitely considering it. Like I said before this, I had never really used a gun and I feel totally comfortable using this one.
kmm7624

Postby Roofuss » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Best concealed carry model 26 or 27 ? What about recommended carry ammo ? Always had wheel guns and this would be my first semi , Thanks
Roofuss

Postby g4l » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Roofuss;

Both models are exact in dimensions, so it comes down to 9mm(26) or .40(27). I would go with the .40 over a 9mm for defensive applications. My favorite carry ammo is Corbon DPX; but always test what You plan to carry in a semi (50-100rounds) of Your choice defensive ammo. One thing I did add to My 27 is a "Pierce grip extension", I find it improves control of the gun without making it much more difficult to conceal well.
g4l

Postby Roofuss » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 am

Bought a model 27 new yesterday with grip extensions, and a couple extra mags. Having a hell of a time getting off the factory mag bottoms to install the extensions....is there a trick to it ?
Roofuss

Postby g4l » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Use a "punch", depress the button in the mag-plate and use decent pressure to slide it off. The first time was frustrating to Me also, but the next 3 I changed thereafter were easy when I knew what to expect. Just make sure You re-install the mag "guts" properly if they come out. Good luck!
g4l

Postby Roofuss » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Used a punch, then squeezed the mag sides, and tapped it off with a small hammer. The first one was a s.o.b., but then got the hang of it . Thanks for the help !!
Roofuss

Postby drpdw » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Love, Love, LOVE my G-26! I've added the Pearson extensions to the mags and like to use 15-rounds for target practice and 10s for CCW. The addition of a Crimson Trace grip is an added plus for CCW. When I fire my G-26 for target practice, I simply cover the laser aperture with a piece of moleskin to use the iron sites and remove the moleskin to sight the target with the CT grip. BTW, I have small hands and find this MOUSE gun one of my favs. It's both easy to clean and lube and 100% reliable...AND eats any type of brass...without a hiccup!
drpdw

Postby Delbman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Since I got it 2yrs ago and over 19,000 rounds later it's hands down one of the best pistols I have. I also have my 40cal XDM that I put over 13,000 round through that I also love. I just got the Sigma p238 for carry and haven't shot mine yet, but did shot a loaner and seems accurate. We shall see when I get it on the range.
Delbman

Postby 1ofEA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:46 pm

My 26 was my first gun. CCW'd daily for 10+yrs with no problems. Recently bought a Nighthawk retention holster and love it. I've been looking for a deal on the LaserMax internal laser but $280+ is too much and I don't think the grip laser will work with my holster.

Has anyone tried the new LaserLyte rear sight laser yet? It looks a little bulky but @ $160 it's very affordable.
1ofEA

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols