>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 23 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby csdunbar » Sat May 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I like the Crossbreed Supertuck for CC of my G26 and for everyday carry around the farm I like the Blackhawk CQC with there SERPA system for my G23. It is a level 2 security holster which locks the pistol into the holster. That way if I take a spill I know the gun will stay holstered and protect the trigger no matter what. Its like a gun safe on your belt and they give you a belt loop and a paddle mount with adjustable angle. The lock disengages by pressing down on a pressure pad with the trigger finger while in its normal ready position as you would normally grip your gun. Works great! I feel safe with both these products and both are well made.
csdunbar

Postby jsf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Looking for a good concealed carry weapon and considering the Glock 23 or 27. Any thoughts on the bigger 23 versus the 27? I'm taller than average so could conceal it easier than some people.
jsf

Postby cbruster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm

jsf... I agree with your choice to stay with a .40 Cal. I would go with the model 27 for concealed carry and add some pearce grip extensions so your pinky can join in. I think the length of the grip plays a big role when it comes to concealability. As short as possible yet still functional.
cbruster

Postby supermanwithagun » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

I have owned my glock 23 since 1994 and added the lazermax as well. Even though an older generation, still performs great..
supermanwithagun

Postby JustBen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I carry the compact Glock 23 and have no problem with the size of the grip/handle. But the extra magazine I carry is from the full size model 22. So even if you buy the sub-compact gun you can still carry the full size extra magazine, just in case you need the extra ammo, (hope you don't).
JustBen

Postby wharbin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am

could anyone give me some advice...looking to buy firsr handgun. should i go with one of the springfield xds or with a glock 19 or 23. thx
wharbin

Postby JustBen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 am

See if you can try them all. The more you can experience before you buy, the fewer guns you will end up buying. The XD is really nice, but in my opinion has a big handle and is hard to conceal. I carry the compact Glock and like it, but you have to be comfortable that your trigger finger is completely and correctly trained. There is no safety against pulling the trigger accidentally. Check out the Kahr 9mm and get a gun that is comfortable and concealable. If you can carry inside the waiste band it is probably safer, which means you need a thin/small gun. Good luck and happy shopping.
JustBen

Postby Tinmancr » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:51 pm

I had one of these and won't rate it as I only had it for a while before I sold it.

I did get pretty good with it toward the end, for a small gun it was relatively accurate.

I found the grip to be almost impossible to get my hand over big hands, and the front part was smooth and equally useless.

the recoil was way more than it should be due to the light weight, in fact the gun functions worse and worse as you empty the magazine.

my buddy who is small/average says recoil is high as well, I have shot the Xd it is much better for big hands.

I also handles recoil much better I had a .45.

The new ones should come with adjustable grips so problem may be fixed.
Tinmancr

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm

I never experienced the issues you described with my G23. It does indeed have a snappy recoil but it's certainly controllable. I haven't had any problem with it. The .40SW in my opinion has a harsher recoil than my Colt 1911 .45. The .45acp is a lower pressure round which says alot about it's handling characteristics. I've shot 9mm's that had more recoil than a .45! Pistol I'm referring to is a Colt Defender. That thing kicked like a mule! I have the G23 2nd generation pistol and slipped a Hogue Hand All grip sleeve on it and it made all the difference in the world as far as control is concerned. I recommend it highly! The .40 and .45 are two different animals and each takes its own set of rules. Either in my opinion is an excellent defense pistol in the right hands. Thanks for your comments tinman!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:03 am

Mine is a Gen3 and I also was not initially thrilled with how my hand fit. I then used a dremmel tool to grind off and smooth the bottom of the trigger guard where my middle finger contacted it. For some reason Glock has a small space there and it really hurts your finger after a while and keeps you from getting a full and high grip. This modification made all the difference for me and now I love holding that gun.
JustBen

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols