>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 23 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby namara » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:01 pm

Happy T-Day to all.

First...This is a great gang of folks.

Ahhh Letter B... :-) We sometimes tend to joke with one another that may not come or may come through this media.

In short gang we all want the same thing.

Information we can trust without the Bullshit. Hope I did not offend. I mean I feel the only folk that would take offense to the use of the word Bullshit would be a politician, because that person would think it was a synonym for the word truth.

May I ask a favor of you all?

When you sit down at the table remember them. The sons,daughters,mothers,fathers,sisters,aunts,brothers,cousins, neighbors and old sons of bitches named Namara who fight for what THEY think is right.

Please remember all of them.

May OUR God deliver us from this evil.

Any Amens out there?

Tank ya!

Oh yes ...this Glock is one fine gun.

Namara<--------Me mudda tanks ya,me fadda tanks ya..but above all....
namara

Postby lzj22 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:59 pm

Paid $400 for a slightly used Glock 23 with fully adjustable sights. Shot over 500 rounds of cheap ammo without a jam. Love this gun. You will like it better than the XD once you shoot both of them several times. Fits nice with an inside the pant holster. Recoil is an upward pop and very manageable. I get more accuate with it every time I shoot. 2 inch 6 round groups at 15 yards standing and unsupported. Some rounds touching.
lzj22

Postby namara » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 pm

LZ:

You have found the Glock Perfection. :-)

Watch those adjustible sights if this ia a carry firearm. Would not want to have them bumped.

See you at the range.

Namara <----- De...ranged ???? :-)
namara

Postby got_glock? » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:18 pm

Hey everyone. so i know i want to buy a glock 23 as my first handgun after shooting my friends 23. my question is about pricing.. specifically what is a good price to pay for a 23? and what would be considered to much to pay? thanx
got_glock?

Postby 5ring » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:41 pm

got glock,

I bought mine in CA in 1997(?). I paid $529. Ive had it since then and its never malfunctioned. Ive heard the newer variant with the different lower seems to have more quality control problems. I carry the G22 as my duty weapon (old lower) and used the G23 for years as an off-duty before moving to Florida. The G23 is just too big for concealed carry in a state where its 85-95 degrees and 90+ humidity nine months out of the year. Too many clothes are required. Unless you dont mind wearing a T-shirt two sizes too big, try something smaller for CCW. As for on-duty, theres no gun Id trust more with my life than a Glock. They just plain work. My $.02.
5ring

Postby 5ring » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:44 pm

Forgot to mention, if you want a good price on a used G22 or G23, try finding police turn-ins. A lot of departments are still upgrading to the new lower. You can probably find a used pistol for $300 or $350. I wouldnt recommend buying any other pistol this way for fear it would be shot out, but with a Glock theres no such thing. They just keep on shooting.
5ring

Postby wwaldok » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:08 pm

I paid $549.00 for my 23C in the middle of 2000; I could have shopped a little while longer (month or two) and would have eventually found it at one dealer for $534.00

If I recall correctly, most dealers wanted $10 - $15 more for the 23C (over the 23). My observations have always been that dealers dont usually discount the Glock as deeply as the other brands (i.e.>>>a little higher demand = a little higher price). Dont buy at a gun show except during the last hour of the final day, then talk YOUR price at a couple of tables and see if there are any takers. I ALWAYS feel great when I can buy at deeper then 22% off of suggested retail! Whether its Kimber, Colt, Winchester,etc. everyone feels good about a good price that still lets the dealer have a working profit.
wwaldok

Postby namara » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 pm

WW.

DO Not ever discount your life or mine. Thinks ever so much.

Oh stooopid me ,Thanks ever so much for NOT DISCOUNTING OUR SELF DEFENSE..

Namara <------------ ( any tyops) :-)
namara

Postby wwaldok » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:40 pm

namara

Im an old Pennsylvania born boy. Where are you from? Altoona maybe?
wwaldok

Postby twillie » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:12 pm

got glock, last weekend i purchased a new glock 23 and paid $569.00 that included 2 13 round mags the cleaning kits and a lock. i havent had a chance to shoot it yet but im lookin forward to tomorrow when i go to the range and try it out.
twillie

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols