>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 23 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby namara » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:01 pm

The firearm is about five years old now. I carry it 24/7 , in a harsh industrial environment and it has pushed, conservatively, about 40,000 rounds. Never jammed.

The recoil spring slipped of the plunger recently. I snapped it back on an ordered a new assembly. The flat spring under the slide takedown tab broke. Put a new one that night.

Great Gun ..almost as good as my Glock 22... ;-)
namara

Postby walzi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 am

I just recently purchased a glock 23. Everything seems to be fine with it as copared with my other pistols. i just want to ask why is it that my magazines were havng these extension- like butt but stll can accomodate 13 rounds only. I swapped this butt to a friend having glock 35 and he got 1 extra round whereas when i fixed his flat type butt to my 23 (i want a flat type for my ccw) i can only have 12 rounds to it. is it really like that? thanx for any info on this.
walzi

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:41 pm

Walzi, With all due respect I think you should try reinstalling the extension. Sounds like you may have had a spring hanging up. I havent heard of a problem like this before. Some extensions also provide a finger rest only, not adding to the magazine capacity. Good luck, Mabuhay!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby walzi » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:00 am

tigwelder56,

thanx for your response. ill try that one when i get back home this week. the one i purchased have 2 mags with extended-like shoe and a symbol+. i reckon that means i should get 14 rounds then. is the 13 round magazine means really 13 rounds or 12+ 1? coz when i fixed the flat cap it can only accomodate 12 rounds. im quite sure the spring is in mint condition. tnx again
walzi

Postby USAFSP » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:22 am

USAFSP

Postby Bradk » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:49 pm

Ive been carrying Glocks since 1993 (?) for duty use. Ive been carrying a model 23 since 1996 for two departments. They have ALWAYS worked. ALWAYS. Still not my favorite gun, but I cant tell you why. For my current department, I made the decision as to which gun is issued, and chose the Glock 23. If my life is going to depend on a gun, I will carry the Glock.
Bradk

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:48 am

I just got home from a day of shooting. I took out my G23 and a new Bushmaster Dissipator that I just had to buy! I swear I dont think I could own a better combination. As usual after putting somewhere near 400 rounds through the Glock, not one single hickup, not a burp, nothing. It continues to function like it was designed to function, FLAWLESSLY! After my continuing love affair with my Glock I may have to start sharing the love with my Bushmaster! Its brand new, and never fired before today. I put 300 rounds through it just to get a feel for it and am happy to say that Im not disappointed. Not one problem, at all. No feed problems, no misfires, just pure enjoyment!! It pays to put your money on the quality!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kiki » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:07 pm

glock 23 the best gun...
kiki

Postby namara » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm

Kiki,Tig,Brad,and Fsp.... you all say it better than I can.

Folk read the reviews.

GLocks work . They work for the novice, the intermediate and the pro.

THe housewife, and the soilder. God help us hopefully not for the housewife soilder.

Namara<---American On-line,and lovin it
namara

Postby larryndallas » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:21 am

Just sold my G33 and bought a G23 with a G32 conversion barrel. Easier to shoot and the 33/27 and every bit as reliable. My wrist is much happier now!

I know there are the Glock haters... but I just cant figure out why. These are outstanding guns. I was seriously considering an XD, but my gun dealer talked me out of it. Apparently the XD rentals are having some serious problems after a few thousand rounds. Not good IMO since I should quite frequently.
larryndallas

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols