>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 23 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Never carry a Glock unless it's properly holstered!! Even though the Glock is a safe handgun, like a revolver it doesn't have a hammer block safety. You have to protect the trigger on these handguns to prevent an accidental discharge. Carried in a waistband without proper protection for that trigger could be disastrous. Always, always, carry in a proper holster.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Sun May 16, 2010 8:58 am

Tig said it; carry that thing in a holster!

A ported barrel might reduce recoil a bit, but it's not really made for defensive applications, since it'll be shooting bright flames above the barrel in low-light; it's fine for target.
g4l

Postby djk3381 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:47 am

Un-holstered Glock = Plaxico Burress
djk3381

Postby JustBen » Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 pm

The right gun is important, the right holster and how you carry it is just as important if not more, and the absolute most important thing is good training and mental attitude.
JustBen

Postby ajsaloon » Tue May 18, 2010 11:44 am

I am now looking for the perfect Concealment holster. The ones with the velcro straps that go around your belt kinda make me nervous. Has anyone seen or used the Fobus concealment holster.
ajsaloon

Postby JustBen » Tue May 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I am also looking to change holsters because I have been wearing an FBI tilt outside the waisteband "Don Hume" at the 2:00 position. The problem with the tilt is it takes me an extra forward shoulder motion to start my draw. Slows me down way to much. I tried a few different ones last weekend and found that if it is not really well attached to your belt, it will come out in a stressful situation. My magazine holster also came out several times during stressful reloads. If you can, an inside the waisteband hard plastic holster with positive attachment to your belt at the 1:00 to 3:00 positions is perfect for quick and smooth access when needed. I am too fat and have to wear it at 3:00.
JustBen

Postby wwaldok » Tue May 18, 2010 8:20 pm

JustBen...I too am fat. What I bought for my Kimber Ultra CDP II was a Fist model #K7 kydex IWB (with split J-hooks). It's highly changeable on kant and I use it at 11 O'Clock (cross draw) while driving (or other prolonged sitting) and at 3 O'Clock while standing or walking about. It has no retaining strap but is so closely form fitted to the gun that it captures it well (won't fall out when upside-down). It retains shape and stays open thus re-holstering is a sure, simple movement. It's available for Glocks also, but is a little steep in price (about $60 plus any options offered). It's the best holster that I have and I do plan to get one for my Glock also (as soon as I can convince myself to part with another $60)! It's excellent, well made, glass smooth on the interior and flat & wrinkled on the exterior...I believe that black is the only color offered. Comes in two material thicknesses...thin & ultra thin...I can't remember which one mine is. Check them out here: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/Default.htm
wwaldok

Postby JustBen » Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 pm

wwaldok:

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.

Ben
JustBen

Postby g4l » Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 am

I like the K-7 holster, but the damn ordering process (form) is the worst I've seen!

Did Your holster take 6-8 weeks to arrive?
g4l

Postby wwaldok » Wed May 19, 2010 4:29 pm

G4l: I do recall that it was between 6 and 7 weeks before they deivered it. Luckily, I did have another suitable holster for occasional CCW use with the Ultra CDP II; however, I do remember carrying my J-frame in a pocket holster during most of that wait time and (occasionally) my Glock 23 in a paddle holster (in jacket weather). I'll admit that it wasn't the usual instant gratification that we frequently see when ordering on-line. It requires patience bordering the extreme! It was like trying to deal at a small speed shop back in 1964.
wwaldok

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols