>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 23 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Corona » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:06 am

I bought a Glock 23 in 1998 thanks to Al Gores initiative to ban all handguns. I went to a gun shop in Van Nuys CA the next day & boy was it crowded.

Anyway, I also bought a cleaning kit along with it. And here it is, 2006, and I wanna clean it.

Any hints?
Corona

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:52 am

HA!!! That question deserves this answer: If it aint broke, dont fix it!! If youre dead set on cleaning it, a brisk salt water swish should do the trick...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Corona » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:11 am

I gave a friend a salt water swish. He dont move no more.
Corona

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:36 am

Im going to bet that your friend was neither a fish or a Glock! Its the holiday season, buy your friend a Glock 23 for Christmas and trust me, hell move, straight for the nearest gun range!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby namara » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:51 pm

Corona .. A hint.... the less lubricant the better.

A hint.. go to the Glock web page or your owners manual for a field strip. Also there are MANY good DVDs for a total GLock take down. Hey less parts than almost any other gun.=

Keep it clean and mean....

Namara <--------American on-Line and Lovin it
namara

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:10 pm

Namara, great recommendation! I never considered that Corona might actually be serious! Im still amazed at the ease of field stripping a Glock and the shear simplicity of it. They clean up easy and reassemble in a flash. What a gun!!! I love it...

tigwelder56

Postby larryndallas » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm

I detect a large amount of Tongue in Cheek overtures. I believe that he was raving about how dependable his G23 has been despite his efforts to keep it clean.

I saw it as a testament the the greatness of this machine.
larryndallas

Postby Corona » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:34 am

I asked a question with no overtones & got a reply to clean my Glock in salt water. I just wanted a helpful hint or link. Ill check out the Glock site & see about the cleaning instructions. Thanks.
Corona

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I did receive the post by Corona as a bit of humor and a testament to the reliability of the G23. I felt that some of the following posts furthered the fun comments we all seemed to be having. I didnt join this board expecting to give Grand Jury testimony every time I conversed with someone. At no time do I feel that anyone will purposely give damaging recommendations either. This is a place to enjoy and share ideas, and I think everyone else feels that way. To Corona, if you need instructions on cleaning your Glock, your owners manual is a good place to start, the www.glock.com website and this link http://www.glockworld.com/cleaning.htm is another good place for supplies and various methods of keeping your Glock in top working order. I hope that answers your question.

tigwelder56

Postby walzi » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 am

To Corona, try checking out

topglock.com. They have a complete instruction on how to dismantle your glock
walzi

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols