>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 27 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby athosbrag » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:21 am

Well for the past week, I have tried carrying iwb...can't handle it. Too too much of a pain almost literally...I can't bend over if its in front, cant sit down if its in back and I don't own any pants three sizes too big for side carry...cept for shorts...then it just pulls them down??? How do you guys handle that? Is it just years of experience? I have decided on if I can get a small of the back rig I will...I have a nice sway back anyway, perfect hole to fit it in! I just need a way to suspend it there...still wear the baggy shirt over it though...gun girdle? Keep on coming with the advise!
athosbrag

Postby plastics_guy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 pm

What about trying a pair of pants one size bigger? Also try a holster where you can adjust the cant. I'm a big guy and have a gut so it's tough for me to find comfort too.I usually end up with a belt rig and untuck my shirt. thought I do also tuck in the small of my back.

What about those belly bands? I hear slim guys say some like those.
plastics_guy

Postby kep4321 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 pm

The Fobus GL26 holster is the most comfortable for me as long as I have a loose shirt to cover it. My football jerseys work the best.

Besides that, the right cargo pants or shorts with the larger size cargo pockets will accomodate a pocket holster. IWB and front/rear pocket carry just isn't comfortable for this gun (for me anyway). But again, what works for me may not be for you.... People of different sizes and shapes an different styles of clothing will find that one style of carry works for them when another won't.

This isn't my only CCW, so depending on what I wear and where I'm going I also have a choice of weapons to think about. The Glock 27 is on the larger size when it comes to my various carry guns, so I carry it the least of all of them. But on the other hand it fits nicely in the glove box in my truck as a larger caliber backup.
kep4321

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:50 pm

I've tried IWB's with my Glock 23 and like Athosbrag, I find it very uncomfortable. I've got a Fobus paddle that really is the most comfortable but I'm in southern Florida, where it's always hot enough to melt asphalt, so heavy clothing is out of the question. I don't mind carrying in a paddle or OWB leather and belt but I find it very difficult to keep it concealed. When you bend over, it stands right out when carried in the back and I can't carry it in front, too much gut in the way. So I find myself opting for pocket guns and pocket holsters. I wish Glock would make an even smaller pistol, say 6 or 7 rounds of .380 or 9mm, and a slimmer profile. They'd sell a million of them. I think I'm going to look at a Rohrbaugh 9, nice and expensive...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 am

athosbrag;

I suggest getting some bigger pants before carrying sob. Just thinking of sitting with that mode of carry makes Me feel pain. I'm willing to bet You can't drive to the gas station without jumping around in your seat like a pinecone's up your @$$ .....LOL!

Check out Galco's website, http://www.usgalco.com/default.asp , check out the "USA ULTIMATE SECOND AMENDMENT, UDC ULTRA DEEP COVER HOLSTER, SCOUT CLIP ON INSIDE PANT HOLSTER, TRITON KYDEX IWB HOLSTER."

I may buy the Triton Myself, as I like holsters that clip on the belt, therefore putting the weight of the gun on the belt and not the pants, (like the j-hook holsters). The "Bellyband" is ok, but I wouldn't use it for everyday carry, it's like having a back-brace wrapped around your waist. The Fobus IWB http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/Inside_Waistband_Holsters-51-1.html, is ok also, it's cheap and comfortable. Good concealment will depend on the shirt a bit more than the leather iwb holsters. The Fobus design will have a very different draw then leather; so be prepared to give the gun a quick, forceful draw in order to get it into action, (and You'll want to use the Fobus with a stiff, quality belt).

Tig;

if You ever mention Glock and .380 in the same sentence again I'm flying to FL to administer a backhand!! LOL! There's a reason the good ol USA won't import them, and it's cause they don't begin with a 4!
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Before I tell you this, I'm packing a bag and my AR for a few days away... Glocks, you must've forgot, I carry a ... 32acp as my primary most of the time! I don't have the luxury of cold weather clothing here. I carry what I will always take with me. I can't find anything that will conceal a 1911 or my Glock 23 in shorts and T shirts without broadcasting it to the world.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby athosbrag » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:27 pm

So would getting the $100 conversion barrel to 9mm be worth it?

Saving how much in practice ammo? I believe in practicing what you preach so probably not going that way anyway. NOW converting it to .22 would be worth it if I could do it dirt cheap!

MY Real shopping list: Mag loader, extra Mags. Night sites...and a Saf-T-BLok...I know some of you have NOT liked that product or the thought of it...but I am a newbie after all. Either that or I am going to carry without a round in the chamber. (Don't beat me!)

SO, in your opinions, what am I looking at $$$ for practice ammo per/50 and WHERE besides WALMART? Links?
athosbrag

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm not sure what to tell you! 9mm ammo can be had in places for almost half the price of .40S&W. The price of all ammo has come down considerably in the last year. If you want range time to get used to accustomed to your Glock, then a 9mm conversion makes sense. But if you're going to carry it in the .40SW configuration, you need to spend the time necessary to familiarize yourself with that caliber. There is a big difference between the two rounds IMO and it's my belief that you practice with what you carry. If you want to go plinking, buy a plinker. A Ruger Mk III 22lr or any other .22 pistol/revolver will save you a fortune and lets you spend alot more time shooting and not spending. Here's a conversion kit for your pistol http://www.topglock.com/item/35_Advantage_Arms__ADVANT_ARMS_CONV_LE26-27_.aspx You'll see that they aren't "Dirt Cheap"! nothing decent is.

As for online ammo dealers, there are thousands of them. We find as a group, that we tend to use the same outlets. Here are a few of them http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm http://www.ammoexpo.com/ http://www.aimsurplus.com/ Good luck!

tigwelder56

Postby athosbrag » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 am

Ok, so far I have purchased the following...

Glock 27. $434.00

One extra Magazine. 24.00

One Magazine Loader. 8.00

Two Pistol Pouches. 17.00

100 rounds of ammo. 35.00

Slug plug for bottom of grip. 5.00

Cleaning kit. 13.00

Tru glo night sights. 70.00

What I still have to buy...January.

Loctite.

Gun oil.

Solvent.

Cleaning Patches.

Two more magazines.

Magazine spacer.

More Ammo!!!

Holster for Summer carry.

Membership to the gun range.
athosbrag

Postby kep4321 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 am

I was wondering what you were gonna use the locktite for.....
kep4321

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols