>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 21 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gspspinone » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:10 pm

Well, picked up the Glock 21 this past weekend after reading many reviews and handling it a bunch of times in the gun shop. Took it to the range with 5 different brands of ammo (no reloads) and put 250 rounds throughit. 27 JAMS and/or FAILURE TO FEEDS|||! What a major disappointment! The gun was horrible! I did not shoot one full mag (actually mags were loaded with between 10-12 rounds, no way I was getting 13 into either) without a Jam/Failure to Feed. I even stripped it down and gave it a quick cleaning, no improvement. This experience runs 180 degrees counter to 99% of what Ive read about Glocks. Did I just get a lemon? This gun is so simply built its hard to imagine so. BTW--Did not like the trigger pull, consistent but creepy to me butI know this takes getting used to. Also, accuracy was nothing special, when I was able tofire this thing. Thisonewill be going back, IMO the Glock 21 doesnt hold acandle to a decent 1911, or to my Sig or Kahr!
gspspinone

Postby CONT2 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:18 am

gspspinone, the first thing that sounds suspicious is the fact that you couldnt load 13 rds into the mag. are you sure you got the right mags? was this gun used? i cant imagine the mags wont hold what theyre supposed to hold in them.

it might be a quick fix if it has to do with the mags. id go back to the dealer and compare the clips you have to other G21 mags.

the reason im so curious is because i just looked at one over the weekend and am considering getting one. let me know what you find out.....cont2
CONT2

Postby g4l » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 am

Cont2, Glock mags are tough when new, they have to break in, but until then its a fight with the last round. Now as for gspspinone, WHAT???????? I dont want to insult you by asking if your limp wristing, but if not Im sorry to hear about such a problem. My friends Sig 229r had the same thing happen brand new so these things slip out once and awhile, I know this impression will last but Ive had nothing but success with my Glocks, please dont let this scar the brand in the future, Im sure this is not the norm for these guns.
g4l

Postby RRTE » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:27 pm

I recently purchased this weapon and have about 150 rounds through it. The mags are hard to load but if you tap the base of the mag on your leg it seems to settle the rounds in the mag and it is easier to load the last round or two. No jams or failures to feed. The 21 has been a good weapon so far; as I expected it would be.
RRTE

Postby jcb2473 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:04 am

I have fired 100s of rounds through my Glock 21 without any miss fire or jams. Could be the magazine, or the load, or the manner that you handle recoil. Or, as is always the case with any weapon, you may have got a dud. Check with the Golck folks in Georgia...they are a good group of people to work with.
jcb2473

Postby gspspinone » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Glocks4life, Not insulted, Ive been shooting handguns for many years and am quite aware of the problems associated with limp wristing. BTW-I dont limp wrist. I also understand that Glock clips need to be broken in so the fact that I couldnt cram 13 rounds in right away was of no concern. However, the mags were factory supplied and the gun was new so the performance of the G21 really disappointed me. The only other gun thatever disappointed me like this one (and Ive had them all--Kimber, Colt, S&W, Springfield, Ruger, Beretta, Taurus, Sig, Kahr, Walther, Browning) was a Para Ordnance that performed the same way--but costtwiceas much--as the Glock.
gspspinone

Postby g4l » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:35 am

cool cause that was not my intention, it sucks when you spend money on something, especially something that you may need to protect yourself or family, and it turns out to be a P.O.S! I was just stunned to hear that cause mine have treated me so well so far.
g4l

Postby glockmeister » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:21 pm

As good as GLOCKs are, they are mechanical. It is entiorely possible that you may have gotten one that was made on a Monday or Friday
glockmeister

Postby thinktwice » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 am

I have fired hundreds of rounds of every type, handloads included without a malfunction of any kind with my 21. As stated before it is a mechanical device, and as we all know anything mechanial can fail/malfunction. I am sure there are many people out there that can tell you similar horror stories about every other major brand of handguns on the market today. I am sure these Glock failures and stories discourage many people from even considering a Glock. Yes some have received a bad Glock,however the same goes for others that have had problems with S&W, Springfield, Colt, Ruger,Sig, and so on. But with Glock the good by far out weighs bad. Statistically Glocks are issued to more Law Enforcement agencies in the U.S (including the Model 21) than any other manufacture on the market today. This should tell you something!! I know some of you will come back and say the reason for this is because Glock gives Law Enforcement better deals than other gun manufactures, and this is simply not true. They issue Glocks because they are, reliable, accurate, simple to use, and can withstand enormous abuse.

Guns are like any other product, sometimes you will get a lemon. Thats just a fact of life period. I am not saying that everyone go out and buy a Glock, buy a handgun that YOU like and feel comfortable with. I just like mine! Thanks Guys, and Stay Safe
thinktwice

Postby 2ndcommando » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:25 pm

I was never a Glock Fan and laughed at those that had one, that is until I fired one.

I went out and bought the Glock 21 because I love the 45 ACP. I have fired thousands of rounds through it and never had one misfire or jam but I only use factory ammo. This is by far the sweetest gun I have ever owned. It fits my hand like a glove and it just aims itself

In Canada we have to use the 10 round mags which I bought at a great price from the Glock Store in CA. Never had a problem with the mags or the company.

I hear a lot about the Glock 21 going Kaboom and it does concern me. Also heard about all the accidental discharges and injuries with the Glock in a lot of the Police Forces.

Being a Police Officer myself, I generally find that guns just don't fire by themselves. The trigger has to be pulled and the gun pointed in an unsafe direction. I can write that off as carelessness or just plain good old fashioned stupidity. Anybody know much about these kaboom issues.

Liked the Glock 21 so much went out and bought the Glock 17 which is also exceptional
2ndcommando

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols