>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:39 am

O im not saying there is no reason for an ankle holster Im just saying there is very few instances it will help any way, and if you carry a gun IWB and you have a ankle for a back up then thats ok just as long as the ankle is the last resort, as far as setting down is concerned I can carry a sholder holster, and it will work just fine and carrying a very thin hand gun such as a kel-tec works really well when you need the most out of ccw , but I do agree with you on one thing weekendfunand gun that big 45 will do alot more damage than a kel-tec 32,380, or 9mm, but there are times when a slim line 45 will not be possible to be carried unless you just lucky enough to never need that much concealablity and I know alot of people dont think the movies or shoppping malls etc.. is dangous and that people are the ones that find Its better to have it and no need it, than to need it and not have it < words to live by )

for my closeing statment I would just like to say, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE how your practice is how you will react
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 am

One more thing the ideal of carrying a weapon in your pocket is an advantage you just slip your hand in your pocket if you think something is going to happen, that way if it does your hand is on your gun, but if it doesn;t you havent drawn a weapon and you havent scared any one all while have the option of useing force to protect life, family or home
ANTI-XD

Postby weekendfunandgun » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:18 am

Yes, and quite often I carry the G36 in my front right pocket. I use an Uncle Mikes IWB holster that I have cut the thumb snap off of. It prints like Im carrying a bulky PDA device or something, but it fits comfortable/fine. I am a XXL guy and wear my shorts and pants loose fit. I am not sure that this would work for a little guy or one that prefers tight fitting clothing, but it works fine for me.

oh, and anti-xd, a shoulder rig would be nice, but its just not practical in Florida as we really only have jacket weather 1 month out of the year.
weekendfunandgun

Postby ANTI-XD » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:59 pm

ahh well that would be a problem and present it self as one thankfully where Im from we have a little more jacket weather around here, but in any case I have been experimenting with ways to carry a gun comfortably and with minable clothing such as any thing with pockets like I said before a walet or any thing that will set infront of a gun like one will make your firearm disapear
ANTI-XD

Postby Lohkai » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:05 pm

Traded a Kahr P-40 (POS) for the NIB G36 as my ccw. Repeated permit course with this weapon. G36 performed flawlessly. Thought it would be a bit hard to control as I weigh less than 125, have teeny-tiny hands and am double-jointed, but had 100% on silhouette with 80% in kill zone (once got the hang of her). Not too bad for the first time in 15 years w/ a firearm and the first time w/ anything over 9mm. Working on getting more practice in, so don't give me too hard a time.

As a carry weapon, I find it very comfortable and secure in a fanny pack/belly bag. We gals were just made to carry the extra right there, like a steel baby. The little weight is hardly noticeable and, at times, I forget it's there. I've also found that virtually no one realizes it's a loaded gun I'm carrying in the bag, not even the Memphis cops, although my TN county boasts 20,000+ active handgun carry permits. The zippered compartment out front also holds all my little things - wallet, phone, cigs - without hindering performance of pull access, and I can have it in my hot little hands as quick as from any holster. Actually, I find it more comfortable to draw from the pack than from any other position. It is also readily available when driving, despite seatbelt.

Since the average gunfight in the street is only 3 to 5 total shots, I'm not worried about being unprepared with my 6+1 and an extra mag. I figure, if I haven't hit him at least 2 or 3 times in the first 7 rounds and/or safely escaped, then I'm not going to get to the others anyway.
Lohkai

Postby thinktwice » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:37 pm

lohkai.. I don't know too much about the Kahr, but the Glock 36 is an excellent weapon. I fired a friend of mines and loved it. I ended up getting the Glock 30 though, I am not as good a shot as you so I might need the extra rounds lol. Anyway I think it's great to see females "packing" There is no doubt if more females started "carrying" (and using) the crime statistics against females would drop drastically. Anyway again, good choice of weapon.
thinktwice

Postby NITERIDER » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:12 pm

have a g36 and find it to be very comfortable to carry which i cannot say about a sub compact xd
NITERIDER

Postby weekendfunandgun » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:24 pm

Yes, I find my G36 easy to carry as well, but i'm curious, why is it easier than an XD subcompact? I don't have an XD and am not familiar with the difference between the two (other than the XD sub doesn't come in 45 and is a little shorter barrel length). is the XD thicker/wider/heavier?
weekendfunandgun

Postby weekendfunandgun » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:02 pm

I actually own this gun and fire it regularly (at least 100/month) and have had nothing but excellent results.
weekendfunandgun

Postby weekendfunandgun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:55 am

How about the new Hornady TAP ammo? has anyone run it through their Glock yet? How did it perform?
weekendfunandgun

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols