>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:24 pm

I am seriously considering sell my Glock 36. It shot the first 200 rounds flawlessly then yesterday I had 4 FTEs in 5 magazines. plus I now have a blood blister on my pinky. I was loving this gun until yesterday. Now I'm considering trading it in for a Colt Defender or Agent.
Will_Carry

Postby puzzlewood » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 am

Try some Decal Grips. I put them on my 36 and they made a huge improvement in my accuracy and the comfort of shooting more than 50 rounds at the range. Now that I've put a few hundred rounds through this gun I feel very confident with it as my main concealed carry. Excellent Gun.
puzzlewood

Postby Will_Carry » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 am

Today I took all of my "trouble" pistols to the range. My Glock 36 ran flawlessly. It's back in my good graces! I don't know what was going on last time I shot it and it jammed 4 times.

I did find one bad round of Winchester 45 target ammo. Maybe that was it. Today I checked each round as I loaded the magazine.
Will_Carry

Postby smith6906 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

anyone else having the issue on this pistol where after 300-500 rounds the frame starts to wear down where the guiderod meets by the trigger housing? for some reason the coating is gone on mine and the inner steel frame is showing through, i've only had the gun for about 4 weeks........my 23 and 19 which have had thousands of rounds through have not done this......could it have to do with the fact that the 36's guiderod end is very sharp and not blocked like other models?
smith6906

Postby marcos1977 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:24 pm

I have put maybe a couple thousand rnds through my glock 36 and have noticed the following issues..

using remington typical 45cal ... initially had several 'stove pipes' until gun wore in..

after about 800 rnds the pin holding the trigger assembly sheared...

tried reloading 45 cal with wad cutters... dismal results.. jammed every 2-3 rnds.. wad cutters gummed the ramp etc... but same ammo worked flawless in my hk 45????

the 36 is what it is... a great subcompact conceal carry for 10-20 ft... but cannot compare to my 1911 45 colt for accuracy.
marcos1977

Postby John_Doe » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:45 pm

I owned the glock 36. It jammed frequently regardless of what ammo I tried. Painful on the hands. Really hurt after 3 or 4 clips at the range. Got rid of it.
John_Doe

Postby Rerun201 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:11 pm

I own a Glock 36 and have fired more than a few hundred rounds through it. I haven't noticed the guide rod issue but I have had other issues with various pieces/parts with having fired fewer than 1,000 rds through it - feed failures and other issues with the cycling of the pistol after firing a round. Replaced a slide stop lever that had a spring bent and that fixed many issues.

Never had an issue that a replacement part and a Glock armorer can't fix. And the parts aren't too expensive. Always used hardball or JHP ammo in it.

Agree with Marcos - it's a great sub-compact gun for what it's built for - concealed carry and close range.
Rerun201

Postby gunpoor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:39 am

This is a very good gun for $600 dollars. I've put about 800 rds through it and it seems to have broken in well. No problems so far. Easy to conceal. Had to add decal grips due to the slipperyness.
gunpoor

Postby paucraig » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:35 pm

I have had a Glock 36 for about 6 months and have put many rounds through this one. I put night sights, 3.5 lb connector and a steel guide rod in this one. What a fun pistol to shoot. Also, the single stack mag gives a slim profile and makes it easier to conceal as a carry piece. While the mag capacity is only 6 rounds, I have 6+1 with the standard mag. I also bought a couple of 1 plus extensions for the mags which gives me a 7+1 total capacity. This Glock performs very well without any FTF or FTE. This is about as reliable as it gets. I also feel confident in the 45 cal ammunition in a carry piece.
paucraig

Postby marcos1977 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am

posted earlier in this review... just wanted to add some thoughts..

feel that many want to evaluate this gun using various criteria that is not fair.

for me their are several key points to evaluate my choice of a conceal carry type weapon.

1.comfort and minimum disruption of my clothing

2. ease of access and clearing the weapon from my clothing

3. natural feel and fairly unconscious ability to bear and sight the weapon on the target

4. fire the weapon

5.hit the target in the manner to incapacitate including being lethal

how does the 36 perform within these parameters?

1. high on comfort and minimum disruption

2. high also due to short barrel.. consistent and narrow profile and minimal protrusions

3. now this is where it may vary for some due to various physical dimensions etc... first it has a narrow and short grip...which some may feel uncomfortable with.. but remember this weapon was not designed for careful and thought out situations found on the range etc... I have large hands which overlapped the bottom of the grip.. but when I first handled the gun and brought it up.. the front and back sights aligned without thought or need to adjust... but that's

me.

4. now this is where the rubber meets the road. remember the gun was designed as a subcompact cc.. and for most of us any real type situation is one of defensive... we are reacting to a situation not of our making which means that there is a very good chance we are behind the curve on time or intent. any other need is another issue and not my concern. based on this... the glock safety system makes total sense... when I carry the weapon it has a chambered round..to not for a conceal carry seems to not make sense ... was a bit unnerving for me for awhile.. due to experience with other safety systems... but technically the gun cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled.. the firing pin is disengaged... with this being said.. to carry this weapon tucked in ones belt or loose in a pocket is inviting something unwanted or even place it loose on a side table.. I always keep it in a holster to prevent access to the trigger.. but basically under duress no potential time delay or screw up that may happen with an additional move away from the trigger guard to release the safety... also the trigger guard is roomy even for my large fingers to slip into.. basically point and shoot.

hit the target... to compare this weapon to a full size handgun would be not be fair... just not in the physics so to speak... larger grip and longer barrel gives a gun more stability and balance and a longer barrel more accuracy and consistency on second and third shots... especially with a 45. and remember this is a subcompact cc weapon.. for anyone to hit the intended target in the area required at say 50 feet is lucky or been trained extensively under conditions other than the range... the 45 will do its job if you hit .. no problem there...also if you do hit the intended target at that distance you may have to answer some tough questions by the powers to be of why you needed to fire at that range.. so the glock for me is pretty good at 10-20 feet... is a bit challenging when firing fast 3 shot groups... due to the power of the 45 round and the weight and size of the gun.
marcos1977

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols