>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby weekendfunandgun » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah, and I went with the 36 because it is easier to conceal for the same money - I live in Florida so this is a pretty big consideration as we only have jacket weather for maybe 30 days/nights at the very most all year long.
weekendfunandgun

Postby ANTI-XD » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:41 pm

I was wondering is any there way the 36 will accept standerd cheap 1911 mags since the gun is a single stack?
ANTI-XD

Postby g4l » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:49 am

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, nor would I try that, every part of a Glock is made to flow with each other, the gun will come with 2 mags, if your looking to have more rounds available check out the G30.
g4l

Postby g4l » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 am

you guys now have me thinking about the 36 again, does anyone carry this in an ankle holster? If so is it comfortable? I would consider getting the 36 or maybe the 27 to carry that way.
g4l

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:58 am

Yes, I carry my 36 in an ankle holster made by Fobus and it is comfortable and very concealable. I actually sold my 27 to get the 36. I figured 6+1 of 45 is just as good or better than 8+1 (yes, i said 8 and not 9. the spring was so tight in those mags that if your forced a 9th round down into the mag the gun would jam regularly. never had a problem getting the 6 rounds into my 36 mag) of 40sw. Besides, I doubt I would encounter a scenario that would need more than 18 9mm JHPs from my M&P and then an additional 7 rounds of 45 from my backup.gun. I live in Florida, where crack heads robbing gas stations or trying to car-jack me are my biggest fears, not Colorado style teenage mercenaries that carry better weapons than our police departments.
weekendfunandgun

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 am

As for the 1911 vs. Glock 30 mags - nope. The Glock 30 is thicker because it is made to accept the Glock standard Double-Stack magazine. The 36 is thinner because it accepts only a single-stack mag. They are not interchangeable.

As for the 1911, I doubt it, but I have not actually tried it so I can not speak with any authority. If someone tries it with their gun please post with the results.
weekendfunandgun

Postby g4l » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:14 am

ahh thats good to hear cause I was thinking of trying an ankle holster for the summer but wasnt sure how the 36 would be down there, Im pretty sure my 30 will be too bulky. Its about 15F up in CT now so I have some time before the light clothing comes out, but knowing the 36 carries well on the ankle really grabs my interest.
g4l

Postby ANTI-XD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:26 am

well I hate to be a wet blanket but, I dont see use for an ankle holster in almost every situation think about it how in the world is the gun going to be any good to you if its on your ankle, in an event of carrying a gun concealed and only for self defense your more than likely only going to have a spit second to use your gun if the even arisies when your going to need it, now dont get me wrong I would rather have a gun on my ankel than no where at all, but I would try almost any thing before straping on down there, such as being really creative like when you put a gun in your pocket makeing it look like something elese by breaking up the out line of the gun I have found that putting a padding peaice of materail in the front pocket in front of a small gun such as a kel-tec etc.. will make the gun look like a walet, there for concealing it while leaveing the gun still ready to use at a moments notice , just food for thought
ANTI-XD

Postby ANTI-XD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:28 am

o yea about the ankel holster the only way I do see that it would do any good is if your setting down with your leg across the other one then you might have a chance to pull up you paint leg and pull the gun out, take it from me unless you wear REALLY looseing levis or paints, you wont even be able to pull it up over you gun and pull the gun out, if the gun is not accessable to the user it is nothing more than a paper weight A REALLY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT
ANTI-XD

Postby weekendfunandgun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:40 am

Works fine with slacks/dress pants. Not so well with jeans though. While an ankle holster might not be practical in a stereotypical man walks out of store and gets mugged in parking lot scenario, you cant always predict such things. I carry a fullsize pistol IWB just behind my hip and the Glock 36 on the ankle. My fullsize is fine for going into stores/malls/shopping trips with the wife, etc. But if I am going anywhere that requires me to be seated for a long time such as a restaurant or movie theater I will leave the full size in the vehicle and carry only the G36. This way I dont have an uncomfortable hunk of steel in my side while seated, but I still have a good/reliable weapon.

While dinner/movie may not be what you would consider dangerous situations, we had a terrible incident down here in Orlando a couple weeks ago - at an IHOP thats usually crawling with cops no less.

The short version is this - 5 men, 2 with guns, 1 with a taser, the other 2 just along for the fun of it. Storm an IHOP, not to steal money, but to terrorize the patrons and employees. While holding the group hostage they went around the room randomly selecting victims to hit with the stun gun. One man finally stood up to confront the maniacs. They shot him in the torso and promptly ran out to their cars and disappeared.

Now, I would like to think I would have had at least a chance of pretecting myself and my wife in that situation by pulling a G36 out of an ankle holster under the table and taking aim.

My point is that the stereotype scenarios are not the only scenarios we may face. If you can carry a gun on your leg, why not? And 7 round of 45ACP is certainly better in my book than anything a Kel-Tec can provide.

If you want more info on those crazy bastards that held up the IHOP include the word Cassleberry in your search. This is the suburb of Orlando where the incident took place.
weekendfunandgun

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols