>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby chuckroast » Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Triggers are no concern...I agree. The only bad thing about the G36 is I keep wanting to carry it because it is dependable and BIG power. But it's a bit too heavy for my pocket. great gun Tho.

Great gun reviews at: www.pocket-defense.com
chuckroast

Postby Ranger98 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I just purchased a 36 a few days ago and have shot 200 rounds of Federal 230 gr. FMJ through it.The pistol has preformed flawlessly.The only complaint I have with it concerns the trigger itself,after 100 rounds it becomes noticeably uncomfortable.Having been spoiled by the comfort level of my S&W M&P pistols,this is something that I will have to learn to live with.I was particularly attracted to the 36 due to it's size and ease of concealment.I am using a pocket holster that was originally purchased for another pistol,however due to the narrow design of the 36,it fits quiet nicely.Very well satisfied with this purchase so far
Ranger98

Postby Ratsass » Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 am

I purchased a 36 a year ago and traded it for a model 30 in short order. I really liked the way the 36 felt, functioned and carried. However, there was one glaring flaw in this weapon that I have not seen mentioned on any of the boards I have looked at.

The problem with this model of Glock, ( And seems to be limited to this model only.) is with the magazine. For some unknown reason, the bullet does not line up properly to clear the magazine before hitting the feed ramp of the gun. I've owned just about every glock there is and this is the only model with this problem.

The bullet is actually rubbing along the front of the magazine before chambering! I had no realiably issues with the gun but it was disturbing to me at least. I could see potential problems using certain ammo and chambering problems occuring with magazine wear.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Or am I just being paranoid?
Ratsass

Postby M162 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 pm

I recently Purchased a G36 and love it.

I have been carrying and using the .40 caliber Glocks (G22/G23/G27 and G35) for many years, and find the .45 acp Glock 36 such a nice change of pace. It's slimmer than the 9mm/.40 glocks, and isn't blocky like the G21 & G30 models. After doing a lot of reaserch on the model 36, I was a little apprehensive due to a few comments about problems with the G36. I have not had even one hicup with my new G36.

I changed out the OEM magazine baseplate, with a pearce plus zero extension, and insatalled night sights.

My opinion is that the Glock 36 with 7 rounds of .45 ACP is good to go as a CCW pistol.
M162

Postby Beemo35 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 pm

I just bought one. My first gun I've shot but I had about 8 jams out of 250 rounds fired. My brother said it;s definitely me limp wristing but I'm worried because I've read a lot online about problems with this jun.
Beemo35

Postby Ranger98 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Just an update to my last post concerning the Glock 36.I was also beginning to experience some occasional failures to feed with this pistol.I changed the magazine springs with the ones from Wolf and that eliminated the feeding problems.Still a good carry weapon in my opinion ..btw ...the,the pocket holster I use is a rear pocket carry holster made by Pocketholsters.com.It was originally ordered for the Walther PPS,however the Glock 36 will fit quiet nicely..
Ranger98

Postby puzzlewood » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 pm

For some reason I have had a comfort problem with most IWB holsters. I tried the Kholster for my 36 and have been amazed by how well it hides and how comfortible it is.
puzzlewood

Postby puzzlewood » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:50 pm

By the way. I'm an old 1911 fan-But the 36 is better for concealed carry and is very reliable. It is growing on me.
puzzlewood

Postby smith6906 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm

I LOVE my glock 36. Glock making a single stack .45 is probably the best thing they have done since making well.....glock. i usually carry a 19 or 23. but i noticed in summer heat they are kind of bulky even in a crossbreed holster for under-tee wear. i tried out a 36 at my local range, found even with my mamouth hand size it was comfortable , easily aimed and well as glock does well, reliable as the sun.

Bought mine 3 months ago for around 650 with night sights. have since put in a drop in ghost trigger, recoil guide laser system. houge wrap around grip and even got a flashlight attatchment. it is now my 6 month conceal gun for hot weather and will probably stay my CC gun for winter too. :-) LOVE THIS PISTOL. :-)
smith6906

Postby puzzlewood » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 am

Where did you find a Hogue wrap around grip for the 36? I notice they make grips for the other finger-groove grip Glocks but I haven't found one for the 36.
puzzlewood

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols